1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

More transgender toilet issues...this time in England!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Marlat, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...als--avoid-upsetting-transexual-students.html

This is posted for those who want to get outraged at the poltical correctness of society. The real story can be read here.

:)

2. Knowing a couple of people involved with manchester SU, this may have been a bit of a joke, I know it would have been at my uni. Having said that the LGBT groups do like to make a fuss sometimes.

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Why does it not surprise me that is from the Daily Mail....:meh:

It is solely there for "middle englanders" to get annoyed at something - it has no other purpose!!

Just don't buy the Daily Mail!!!

4. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Aunty Beeb reported it too.

Also, glad to see MSU is still mixing it up.

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Even so - if nobody buys the Daily Mail, this kind of story would disappear!

6. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I thought George Micheal got caught in a public toilet...AGAIN!

O wait, he was!

:D

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I wonder if autograph seekers line up outside of public toilets now.

bc

8. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    This is brilliant. It really shows the difference between the Mail and the Guardian. It also shows exactly why I read the Guardian.

9. LCMBassist

LCMBassist

Sep 27, 2008
    England
    You are born male or female. You want to dress like a woman, fine, but you must deal with the practicalities of that in modern society and not expect everyone to bow down to your every whim.

10. Bruce Lindfield

What about hermaphrodites? :meh:

11. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    The Daily Mail is only accurate when it's US-bashing of course! :p

"outrage" sells though even if it's artificially created. People should know better by now given the crap that's reported by some US outlets as well as the Mail, but we all seem to like the taste of a little outrage along with our coffee and rice krispies.

12. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    I believe they use this one:

[​IMG]

13. LCMBassist

LCMBassist

Sep 27, 2008
    England
    Surely they can choose which gender they want to be, and follow that gender? I've never really looked at the exact biology of a hermaphrodite, and im not sure I want to :-S Depends if they pee from their male parts of female parts. A guy who peed from his female parts could just sit down like a woman does.....but a woman who peed from her male parts would probably be wise to just use the cubicles in the female toilets....I guess.

14. Bruce Lindfield

Well, no - it's never accurate and personally I would never give this stuff house-room!! :meh:

15. Twinxkel

Twinxkel

Apr 16, 2007
    Crude. deleted. Sorry.

16. Bruce Lindfield

I'm not interested in the practicalities, it was a rhetorical question - I was just pointing out the flaw in what you said before - see above!

17. Hah, good old Manchester uni :)

18. Bruce Lindfield

That's easy - the Guardian is a good newspaper.

And the Mail isn't!! :p

19. Pah!

Nationwide newspapers - 0

Local newspapers - 1

20. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    Fixed. ;)