Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

More trouble for Marcus Vick

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MJ5150, Jan 10, 2006.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Vick arrested

He threw away his college career last week. He may have thrown away his pro career today. Then again, I think the Raiders are looking for someone to replace Kerry Collins. :eek:

-Mike

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    He dug his own hole and I hope he gets what he deserves. I might be a little too harsh here, but blatant unsportmanlike conduct (like Vick's possible career ender leg stomp) should disqualify you from NFL allegeability permanently. He could broken dude's leg with a move like that.

Two things are certain, Dumervil (stompee) has a bright future, while Mexico Jr's (stomper) candle is all but snuffed out.

3. Maybe he and Maurice Clarrett can go as a package somewhere. :rolleyes:

4. San Quintin, perhaps?

Mike

5. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    I personally think he's a worthless human being. Anyone who's got all the gifts that he has and still can't act right deserves no respect, as far as I'm concerned.

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Me too. It reminds of the scene in "Remember The Titans" when the one dude calls the other guy a waste of talent. That's how I feel about this guy.....complete waste of talent.

-Mike

7. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    marcus vick is really lame. :scowl:

8. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Butthead voice on "uhhhhhhhhhh.......dumbass" Butthead voice off.

9. Man, what a loser.

10. Starrchild

Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.

HaHaHa :)

11. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Vick is a true loser and appears to be on a self-destructive rampage, but I don't rule out his ever playing in the NFL. Look at how Miami took a huge chance on Ricky Williams. I know Williams was never quite as wild and dangerous as Vick, but really the Dolphins did take a big chance on Williams and it seems to be paying off.

If Vick can somehow redeem himself, behave, reform, get serious, maybe, just maybe we will see some team that needs him badly take a chance. I hope Vick does not blow that golden opportunity.

12. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004
    Marcus Vick = Lawrence Phillips

13. That's fine if he doesn't make it to the NFL. I'd rather not watch another one-trick-pony quarterback. Aren't we all getting tired of the "running quarterback". Defenses are so fast now, does it really matter?

14. I couldn't agree more. Of the teams that are still playing (when it matters), the quarterbacks are averaging just under 5.2 yards rushing PER GAME!!!! That's right, per game. A running quarterback isn't what you need in the NFL . . . not if you want to win and go to the playoffs anyway.

15. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    As much as I can't stand either of the Vick brothers, Marcus is much more than a runner. He's a very good pocket passer who uses his legs when he has to (and admittedly, on a few called QB draws), as opposed to Michael, who's got no touch on his passes and runs at the first sign of pressure. IMO, Marcus is a better team-leading QB at this moment than Michael has ever been so far in his career. It's just a shame that someone with so much talent can't act like a decent human being.

16. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    What a knob...

17. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    sucks to be him

18. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    The man could have had it all....what a complete tool.

Mike