More wood knobs!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Noaita, Sep 20, 2003.

1. Noaita

Jun 6, 2003
    Shameless booster guy.
    I just received the Warrior Signature series bass that I purchased for my wife. Man, is it nice. Feather light, great action, superb playability. Awesome!

Now to get Carey to build me a 5 string!
  2. Noaita

Jun 6, 2003
    Shameless booster guy.
    Here is a close up of the knobs. They have a Purpleheart base, Flame Koa cap and Flame Maple binding. The knobs on the bottom left is a stacked set designed to look like a regular knob when viewed head on.
  3. Noaita

Jun 6, 2003
    Shameless booster guy.
    From the side.
  4. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Wow, very sha-wing ;)

The knobs look great from abive but I'm undecided on the side view :/

Any sound clips to share? ;)
  5. Noaita

Jun 6, 2003
    Shameless booster guy.
    Hi, Yoshi,

No sound clips yet. We havn't had the instrument 3 days yet. :)

What is it about the side that you dislike? Any suggestions would be great. I have other ideas but this was the first.
  6. JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Who-ah! That's a great looking bass!!! :D Why did you decide to go with the reverse Lakland pickup layout as opposed to the jazz pickup at the neck position and the humbucker/multicoil at the bridge?
  7. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Sorry if it offends, but from the side, the wood knobs look a *bit* like the pen lids of gold marker pens...

Overall, a spectauclar looking instrument though!
  8. Aram

Feb 2, 2003
    New York, NY
    Very nice bass (knobs included)! I especially like that pickup combo on Warriors -- I like the MM/J setup on other basses, but I'd rather the J in the bridge position like yours. Defintely try and get some sound clips going :D

9. Noaita

Jun 6, 2003
    Shameless booster guy.
    Quite honestly, JPJ, that is the way Warrior sets up this model.

By the way, the metal knobs weigh more than 5 times what the wood knobs do.

THG Knobs
  10. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    That's definatly one of the nicest Warriors I've ever seen. Lucky wife you got there!
  11. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Nice bass, congrats to you and your wife on the addition.
  12. Warriors are amazing axes....probably one of my favorite feeling ones....congrats! you scored a beautiful SWORD :D
  13. RyanHelms

Sep 20, 2003
    Cleveland, OH
    Omigosh that's a looker! Love it! Whoever first contoured through a top layer to show a nice slice of core wood really had the right idea. I'm diggin' the top horn.
  14. Wait wait wait wait ONE second. Did he say purchased for his wife? Meaning his wife doesn't mind him buying expensive basses, and not just that, but she is a bassplayer.

Ahem, congratulations on the bass! ;)