Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Morgan Miller CPR function question Mad Subwoofer, you out there?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Josh Ryan, Feb 3, 2003.

1. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I am hoping to get the three loop one. At musictoyz.com they never explicitly say that you can use more than one loop at a time. -they do say it's wired in a series, so am I correct to assume that you can? Would it also be true then that effects is loop (whichever is wired first) would have first placement in the chain compared to effects in loop (whichever is wired second)? thanks!

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I can't comment on the Morgan Miller, but if you could make do with two loops I can say for definite that the Switchbox True Bypass does work in the manner you describe, i.e. output of Loop A feeds input of Loop B.
    So, you can have

Both Off
    A only
    B only
    Both on, A -> B

I love the switchbox, it's a great solid piece of work and has a great bypass.

pedalboard.com description

3. Yeah, I own one. All three loops work in series, at a time. I like that I can click on as many as I want at once, at any given time.

[​IMG]

4. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    thanks, I thought so, (makes sense, being wired in serial) I just wanted to hear it from an owner before I bought it.

5. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    MSW,
    when did you get yours? I hadn't heard of this pedal before, so being a gearhead I took a look at the harmony central reviews.

harmony central reviews

I nearly fell out my chair at the sight of a bad review on H-C, never mind two or three in a row. If these reviews are correct, and not the same person with an axe to grind posting multiple times, it sounds like there have been problems recently with these.

6. Never had a problem. These boxes are built very well. I took mine apart to confirm this and it all looks top notch to me. I don't care what the HC reviews say, my pedal rocks. No pops, no loose connections...those reviewers are on glue.

7. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    Harmony Central reviews need to be taken with a mountain of salt. I can't say how many bad reviews I've read in which the reviewer goes on to describe how they misused the gear they are slamming. e.g. "this thing is noisy, and what's up with this switch that says 4 or 10?" That type of foolishness.

8. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
  9. stevekim

stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    i've got a couple boxes by loooper, an a/b/y and a single true bypass box. i think they're great. solid construction and really nice guy to work with.

10. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    Cool, I think I'll give him a ring. Thanks!