Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Morley bass wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by king_truffle, Aug 20, 2001.

1. king_truffle

king_truffle

Apr 4, 2001
    Oshkosh WI
    Hey everybody, I was looking online for various wah pedals. Namly the Morley Power Wah pedal, I found out that its only available outside the US. But I did find this Morley bass wah and I was just wondering if anyone out there had it and had any thoughts on it, good, bad or otherwise. I was considering picking it up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I´d never played a morley wha, but I´d played the Bass Crybaby, and it really kick some serius butt, and you don´t lose that low part of the sound.....

3. LowfreqB

LowfreqB

Nov 10, 2000
    United States
    Morley wahs, are great, and cheaper then crybabies. You would find (if you had access to them) that the sounds they make and amount of modulation from them are different. (very different imo) The original crybaby wah from dunlap has a very fast attack. The bass version is similar except for the lower frequencies range, which it’s made to pick up. The Morley wah has a very slow attack, more like an organ wah. I wouldn’t by any effects without a return policy, especially if you can’t try them out first.