Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Morley or Electro-Harmonix

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by f'nar f'nar, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Those more perceptive of you ( :p ) might have noticed the fact that these are two brands that cliff burton used. The Morley Wah/Fuzz and Electro Harmonix Bigg muff.

Now then, im in the market for either of these, the problem is, he used both of them for a few songs and I can only get one. So help me out here, I want the tones he used on anestesia and for whom the bell tolls, so which pedal is likely to get me closer to both?

2. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Well, he used a Morley Power Wah Boost, not the Wah/Fuzz. But If you can only get one, then get the wah/fuzz, because that way you get both effects in one. It wont sound as good as both individually though. :)

Graeme

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I'm a lover of both Morley and Electro-Harmonix, but I find a fuzz pedal much, much more useful than a wah pedal. If I were to have one, it would be a Big Muff.

4. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Interesting. This is quite the opposite for me, as I find myself using my wah pedal more than my distortion. I guess it just depends on the music you play. :)

Graeme

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I'd say it's largely because my skill with the wah pedal is quite limited. Unfortuntately, being a very interactive effect, it's not easy to flip a switch and sound great. I guess my BMP preference is due to lack of practice... :)

6. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Bassgod is right- he used a Morley Power Wah Boost.

I would say to get a an OD/Distortion/Fuzz. Lots of songs use these on Bass nowadays, especially if playing metal covers..

Ted