Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Morley Power Wah Boost Problem

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Budonze, Feb 13, 2005.

1. Budonze

Budonze

Nov 2, 2000
    Ok so my light bulb for my Morley power wah boost came in, and it works, but it only starts to sweep about a 1/3 of the way in, so then i only have 2/3 of sweep motion of the pedal left, and when i when i sweep the pedal when the wah isnt engaged, but with the boost engaged, there is a squealing noise, right at the end. (pedal all the way forward)

any one have any ideas?

ive got a replacement pot for the boost control sitting on my desk and a new optical reader for the wah too, so i might put those in a little later, i m just trying to see if anyone who's had or does still have one of these wahs, has had a similar thing happen and if they fixed it or not

2. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    When used with a distortion, I get a some feedback from my pedal too when engaged as you say, so I think it is just a characteristic of the pedal. I like to use that feedback though- kind of like Hendrix in front of a Marshall stack ;)

The boost- I seldom use it. I've been actually thinking of sending mine to Analogman and see if he can install a true bypass switch in it's place.

Ted

3. Budonze

Budonze

Nov 2, 2000
    does yoru wah change the tone through out the whole sweep of the pedal or just some of it? and is it loud enough without the boost? mine sounds a little quiet but it just may be my bass and amp, cuase im just trying it through my fretless and practice amp here, ill have to try it on my real rig soon

4. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Yes it does, although in the lower frequncies it is more subtle.

Mine is loud enough without the boost- when doing "For Whom the Bell Tolls" it stands out fine. Your problem may not be with your wah, but with the tone itself. If you aren't using a tone that cuts to begin with you may not be cutting through with the wah either.

Ted