Morley Power wah question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by joshsmog, Aug 10, 2005.

1. I have a morley power wah that I dropped while unloading my gear and the bulb doesn't light up anymore when I turn it on and no sound comes out. I have it opened up right now and all the connections look good. The bulb looks like its dead though, so I'm wondering if its an essential part of the circuit? if not, what else could be the problem?
  2. :bag:
    I dont know a great deal about these aside from having one but i think the light actually controls the wah. ( there is a light sensor that is covered and uncovered on my pwb which creates the wah). So I would imagine if the bulb went out then no wah. Hope this helps.
  3. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I'm not too sure if that's an essential part, I no longer have access to a schematic of one, but replacements are available from Morley or places on eBay. I'd suggest buying a couple, replacing it, and if that doesn't work, send it to a tech.
  4. Yes, the wah is controlled by a light sensor, and so it's an essential part of the pedal. If you call/email Morley I hear they'll send you like 10.
  5. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio

I use two of these old Morleys.

Morley PWB users manual and schematics

It says on that page:

PLEASE CALL 1-800-284-5172 EXT 11 OR EXT 31 TO ORDER BULBS