Morley Pro Series II bass wah vs. Dunlop Crybaby 105q bass wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jrthebassguy, Nov 12, 2000.

1. These are the two bass wahs that im debating over buying. I've heard good things about both brands, but id like to see what people prefer. I want to know the good and bad points of both of the wahs. They both are around the $100 dollar range. Tell me whats better tonality wise and versatily wise. From what i understand the morley pedal has the on switch next to the pedal and the crybaby has the switch under the pedal, so please verify if im right about that.
  2. Personally I have the crybaby 105Q it is automatic, which means it turns on if you step on it. i did try the morley while i was buying a wah, and i had no complaints about it i just prefered the cry baby. The cry baby is spring-loaded and i like that because it lets you kind of just go quickly up and down on the wah which gives it a cool sort of effect but really all you need to do is try them both out, dont let price be a worry, because if one's more money then the other doesnt make it better. its really just what you prefer, try each of tehm with your bass and your amp, that way you'll know which one you like better.