Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Morley PWB power supply

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Geej, Jun 26, 2005.

1. my morley that i got from the bay arrived today... and im using a travel adaptor to change the US plug into an Australian outlet... this should work right? Because i plug it in and nothin... i think i might have got screwed :eek:

any thoughts?

Edit: Yes, i turned it on :smug:

2. jeffhigh

jeffhigh

May 16, 2005
    If its a USA model it is designed for 110 vac.
    Almost all "travel adaptors" only convert the pin pattern not the voltage.
    So you have hit it with 240 volts instead of 110 volts, may have fried something.
    You need a "stepdown transformer"
    Jeff

3. i have just that kind of luck with things... so i turned it on to check if the LED came on... then straight back off to prevent any frying... but i probably did fry something, ill have to take it in to the music shop...

But yea ill get a transformer, any idea where from? Just the hardware shop?

Oh and another sort of related question... does anyone know the amp rating on the power supply for a big muff... because i got my biug muff today as well and i have a 300mA 9V adaptor, and don't want to fry anything, so im finding out the amp rating first...

4. jeffhigh

jeffhigh

May 16, 2005
    JAYCAR www.jaycar.com.au for the stepdown transformer.Really quick on mail order.
    For the big muff, 300ma should be fine but make sure you are using a regulated power supply (the others are only good for charging batteries, and the Electroharmonix effects use a 1/8" positive tip plug rather than the more common 2.1mm pin negative tip plug used for the Boss effects.
    I just bought a Jaycar 1.5Amp desktop lab power supply for under $50au that I am using to power 11 pedals.Yeah.
    Jeff

5. Yea cool thanks for the help :cool: