1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Morley Telray Power Wah Boost (Cliff Burton)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by johnbegone, Jul 7, 2014.

1. johnbegone

johnbegone Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Price:
    Selling a 1970's Morley Telray Power Wah Boost - this is the pedal that Cliff Burton used for all those screaming solos. It's a sweet pedal, but I'm just not a wah guy. I'm leaving to go record this Friday - so I'll ship this out this week if it's sold by then, if not I'll have to put this on hold for three weeks until I get back.

I can post pictures tonight but it's in really good shape. The chrome looks great, some minor wear / pitting as to be expected. Rubber treading is in perfect shape. I just took it into a tech who replaced the power cable (now is three prong and ready to go) and he cleaned the pots and made sure everything was tight/clean. It's as good as any other of these you could find, you won't have any issues.

$165 shipped
    These seem to sell anywhere from $150-200 on eBay plus shipping so I feel this is a fair price.

Probably not interested in any trades - but it can't hurt to offer. :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  2. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    I LOVED my old PWB- I'm not a wah guy either, but I would use it for static resonant filter tones. Turn on both the Wah and Boost with the Boost up around halfway then just find the sweetspot- SO gnarly into a tube amp. Even better with a light drive or fuzz into it. If it weren't for the enormous size factor for something I never swept I'd still be rockin mine- never found anything else quite like it!

3. johnbegone

Sep 16, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Yep, that's what I got it for - slower resonant filters but I'm getting that via midi with my Manta now and I don't use the wah functionality. Picture updated.

4. johnbegone

Sep 16, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Back from recording - available for sale again.

5. sanfordandsonny

sanfordandsonny

Nov 15, 2006
    Maryland
    El Presidente of Sanford and Sonny Audio Weapons (Bluebeard Fuzz)
    If this is still on your shelf then I am interested!
    Many a time I post something on talkbass, give up on it and then someone a year later says oh! Me!!! so count me in!