Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Morley Wah Dimensions

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fenderbassabuse, Mar 17, 2005.

1. I'm curently building my own pedal board from scratch and I guess the morley is the largest wah pedal out there, so what sort of size "footprint" am I looking at? Measurements can be in inches or millimetres, but preferably mm.

Many thanks

2. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    For the old chrome ones, 10 1/2" x 6 1/2" x 4 1/2" with the toe end down IIRC

Ted

3. Ok, cool. Many thanks for that, I never knew they did them in chrome. Now to find out how big the new black ones are.......

4. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Yeah- those were the larger Tel-Ray made pedals of the '71 to '83 era. They are larger than their present day brethern- big chrome monstrosities. Here's a pic:

[​IMG]

5. Now that is a cool looking pedal. How much and where from? I have gas. BADLY.

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    eBay. They stopped making those years ago.

Price depends on exactly which model you're after.

7. I'm assuming you've looked, but I was GASing for an old chrome Morley Power fuzz wah. They go all the way down to 20 Hz I believe so that was the biggest thing about those, plus when they're not engaged, they work as a volume pedal. They're all over ebay, at any time there's usually 4 or 5 up for sale and they typically end at around 75 bucks or so for the winning bidder. Not too bad, but since they're old its always tough to tell if they'll work or not.

8. Here's the major kick in the teeth for me: I live in the UK, and I can't normally find anything old and morley and I have looked. :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: