1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Morning person?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Chunk-O-Funk, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Morning Person

10 vote(s)
    23.3%
  2. Early Riser

18 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Carrot Person (unaffected)

15 vote(s)
    34.9%
  1. So, what is it?

I have no problem staying up late, but getting up in the morning is meet with the enthusiasm of going to ones own execution. Okay, it's not that bad, but I usually don't get up on the weekends until I am good and ready. The thing is I don't know why I just can't adjust and I feel like I am wasting the better half of the day.

So what is it and what's your story if you have one. I feel that I have simply been conditioned this way and only have been through phases where I go to bed early and wake up early, but I easily fall back into my old habit.

2. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Early Riser is the opposite of morning person?

3. Oooops. :rollno:
    can't edit a poll either. Maybe a mod can help me out.

Lets change early riser to Late riser.

4. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Considering I woke up about a half an hour ago (approx 12:30 EST), I'd say I don't fit into your categories.

5. You're doing better than I am!

On my second cup of coffee and still don't have all the cobwebs out.

6. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I only gig on weekends, but still think that mornings suck ... *every* day of the week. :scowl:

7. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I like staying up late and waking up early...best of both worlds.

But other than that, I can't classify myself as a morning person or a night person. I'm either an all of the time person, or a none of the time person.

I find I'm a little more productive earlier in the day, while later I'm rather restless.

8. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    What a day to post this! Got to bed early last night, before 2:00am.

Get up at my regular time for saturday, about 1:00pm, and there is a ton of wet wet wet snow. So before I can eat or have coffee I have to get the truck out of the garage and out onto the road so she can go shopping.

She goes to a farmers market and the hours are tight.

Then spent 1 hour straight shoveling just to clear enough of the driveway so she can put the truck in it. Now I am taking a break and eating a peanut butter sandwich in preparation for another one and a half hours or so of shoveling :bawl:

Am I a morning person? H*ell no!

9. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Hehe, I went to bed at 3:00am last night and woke up at 11:45am. My morning-self always hates my night-self for going to bed too late.

10. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Hells no. I do the bulk of my practicing at night, which usually starts between 10 and 12 and can easily stretch right up until 4:30 or 5am (sometimes later) even on schoolnights. I usually try to wake up a couple hours before work and I never go to bed until at least 2 hours have passed after my shift has ended, because I hate having my day consist of KFC's back kitchen. I work at 4pm today...which is the only reason I didn't wake up at 4:30pm.

11. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    I go to sleep late and wake up early, whether I like it or not. I don't sleep well most nights, but I can't say it bothers me. I don't feel sleep deprived, but I suppose it's possible. I must average 4 or 5 hours a night. I try to sleep more, but I just can't, there's too much going on, my eyes just don't close. :meh:

I'll sleep when I'm dead.

12. I have to get up at 7 every morning to go to school, wake up 9 every saterday to go to work, and sundya i wke up at like 1pm.... so i'm kinda an early riser but not by choice.

13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I'm a morning guy. I think I got that way from all my years in the construction field, having to be on jobsites between 5:15 and 5:30 in the morning. That means I was getting up around 4:00 AM during the week. So on a Saturday or Sunday, getting up at 7:00AM was a huge treat.

I am the talkative, motivated morning type when I am not tired. If I am tired, I'm pretty grouchy until I get something to eat. That sometimes takes a while since I can't eat right when I get up.

-Mike

14. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    I'm definitely a morning person. No matter how late I stay up, I always get up somewhere between 5 and 7. Biological programming or something. Musically speaking, I feel the freshest and most inspired in the morning, plus there's that part of me inside saying that there's so much I could be doing rather than sleeping in and wasting time.

I used to be the total opposite! I guess I'm getting old.

15. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Jerry Seinfeld did a really fun bit about this. How the morning guy and the late night guy always battled against each other, and how the mid day guy suffered. :)

-Mike

16. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    to quote THE WHO: "sleep is for fools who never see the sun rise, who never get live twice!"

i sleeping. i only do it a coup[le of hours a night. my problem is when i'm asleep, no work is getting done. i'm a workaholic.

17. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    Getting up in the morning is so much healthier than staying up until dawn and sleeping until the late afternoon. Unfortunately I don't get off work until 11:30 and all my friends are vampires and we usually start jamming at like 1 am...

Early to bed, early to rise makes a man healthy wealthy and wise. I just wish I had the self discipline...

18. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    It's 2:58 p.m. and I'm having my just-woke-up smoke.

I went to sleep as the sun was creeping in my bedroom window.

(That sounds like a song lyric):ninja:

19. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Over the past year I've become a total morning person...it's so weird. I used to struggle to crawl out of bed at 8:30 and race to get ready in 10mins so I could get to work. Now, I'm up at 5 am almost everyday and i love it. I like to chill out and have my coffee while its still dark and totally quiet. Plus, I get alot more accomplished in the mornings...I tend to get lazy after lunch.

20. I'm horrible with going to sleep.

I'll stay up until 2 in the morning, go to bed, then wake up at 6 and good to school for 7 hours.

I'll get home, take a nap, then stay up until 2 again...

It's a deadly circle.