Morning person?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Chunk-O-Funk, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Morning Person

10 vote(s)
  2. Early Riser

18 vote(s)
  3. Carrot Person (unaffected)

15 vote(s)
  1. So, what is it?

I have no problem staying up late, but getting up in the morning is meet with the enthusiasm of going to ones own execution. Okay, it's not that bad, but I usually don't get up on the weekends until I am good and ready. The thing is I don't know why I just can't adjust and I feel like I am wasting the better half of the day.

So what is it and what's your story if you have one. I feel that I have simply been conditioned this way and only have been through phases where I go to bed early and wake up early, but I easily fall back into my old habit.
  2. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Early Riser is the opposite of morning person?
  3. Oooops. :rollno:
    can't edit a poll either. Maybe a mod can help me out.

Lets change early riser to Late riser.
  4. Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Considering I woke up about a half an hour ago (approx 12:30 EST), I'd say I don't fit into your categories.
  5. You're doing better than I am!

On my second cup of coffee and still don't have all the cobwebs out.
  6. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I only gig on weekends, but still think that mornings suck ... *every* day of the week. :scowl:
  7. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I like staying up late and waking up of both worlds.

But other than that, I can't classify myself as a morning person or a night person. I'm either an all of the time person, or a none of the time person.

I find I'm a little more productive earlier in the day, while later I'm rather restless.
  8. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    What a day to post this! Got to bed early last night, before 2:00am.

Get up at my regular time for saturday, about 1:00pm, and there is a ton of wet wet wet snow. So before I can eat or have coffee I have to get the truck out of the garage and out onto the road so she can go shopping.

She goes to a farmers market and the hours are tight.

Then spent 1 hour straight shoveling just to clear enough of the driveway so she can put the truck in it. Now I am taking a break and eating a peanut butter sandwich in preparation for another one and a half hours or so of shoveling :bawl:

Am I a morning person? H*ell no!
  9. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Hehe, I went to bed at 3:00am last night and woke up at 11:45am. My morning-self always hates my night-self for going to bed too late.
  10. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Hells no. I do the bulk of my practicing at night, which usually starts between 10 and 12 and can easily stretch right up until 4:30 or 5am (sometimes later) even on schoolnights. I usually try to wake up a couple hours before work and I never go to bed until at least 2 hours have passed after my shift has ended, because I hate having my day consist of KFC's back kitchen. I work at 4pm today...which is the only reason I didn't wake up at 4:30pm.
  11. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    I go to sleep late and wake up early, whether I like it or not. I don't sleep well most nights, but I can't say it bothers me. I don't feel sleep deprived, but I suppose it's possible. I must average 4 or 5 hours a night. I try to sleep more, but I just can't, there's too much going on, my eyes just don't close. :meh:

I'll sleep when I'm dead.
  12. I have to get up at 7 every morning to go to school, wake up 9 every saterday to go to work, and sundya i wke up at like 1pm.... so i'm kinda an early riser but not by choice.
  13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I'm a morning guy. I think I got that way from all my years in the construction field, having to be on jobsites between 5:15 and 5:30 in the morning. That means I was getting up around 4:00 AM during the week. So on a Saturday or Sunday, getting up at 7:00AM was a huge treat.

I am the talkative, motivated morning type when I am not tired. If I am tired, I'm pretty grouchy until I get something to eat. That sometimes takes a while since I can't eat right when I get up.

14. keb

Mar 30, 2004
    I'm definitely a morning person. No matter how late I stay up, I always get up somewhere between 5 and 7. Biological programming or something. Musically speaking, I feel the freshest and most inspired in the morning, plus there's that part of me inside saying that there's so much I could be doing rather than sleeping in and wasting time.

I used to be the total opposite! I guess I'm getting old.
  15. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Jerry Seinfeld did a really fun bit about this. How the morning guy and the late night guy always battled against each other, and how the mid day guy suffered. :)

16. plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    to quote THE WHO: "sleep is for fools who never see the sun rise, who never get live twice!"

i sleeping. i only do it a coup[le of hours a night. my problem is when i'm asleep, no work is getting done. i'm a workaholic.
  17. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    Getting up in the morning is so much healthier than staying up until dawn and sleeping until the late afternoon. Unfortunately I don't get off work until 11:30 and all my friends are vampires and we usually start jamming at like 1 am...

Early to bed, early to rise makes a man healthy wealthy and wise. I just wish I had the self discipline...
  18. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    It's 2:58 p.m. and I'm having my just-woke-up smoke.

I went to sleep as the sun was creeping in my bedroom window.

(That sounds like a song lyric):ninja:
  19. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Over the past year I've become a total morning's so weird. I used to struggle to crawl out of bed at 8:30 and race to get ready in 10mins so I could get to work. Now, I'm up at 5 am almost everyday and i love it. I like to chill out and have my coffee while its still dark and totally quiet. Plus, I get alot more accomplished in the mornings...I tend to get lazy after lunch.
  20. I'm horrible with going to sleep.

I'll stay up until 2 in the morning, go to bed, then wake up at 6 and good to school for 7 hours.

I'll get home, take a nap, then stay up until 2 again...

It's a deadly circle.