Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

morning star buffalo wings

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by xshawnxearthx, Apr 11, 2005.

1. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    oh snap, best fake chicken EVER

2. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    As a vegetarian, I enjoy these, but be careful of the sodium. It's a killer.

Great for parties though.

3. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    yeah. i just started being one. it's been about 3-4 months now and i feel so healthy. im sure it didnt help that i quit smoking 5 months ago, quit drinking soda 9 months ago, and started eating more fruit a week ago.

haha, im all about change lately. the only thing i really miss is stewed oxtail over beans and rice. if we have any caribean tber's they will know what i mean. i am still eating seafood. it was hard enough cutting out the rest.

what made you not want to eat meat anymore? health issues or animal rights?

me, i have had it infront of me for the past 4 years. my singer is veggie as well. then, one day i saw this video. at first, it bothered me, but the nail in the coffin was my singer telling me "imagine if that was your cat!" and i lost my ****. cant do the vegan thing. waaaaayyyy too hard for me

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    yep, very good.

5. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    i've been a vegetarian my whole life. it initially was because of my religion (jainism). but when i got to an older age my parents gave me the decision whether or not to keep as a jain. i stuck with it mostly because i believe in the philosophy.

i like the morning star gardernburgers but i haven't tried any of the other fake meat products. i personally never got into any of those things. although the other guys in my band (all converted vegetarians) say morning star products are great.

-jimbo

6. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    how are the morning star burgers?

i've only had the boca ones. and they are good, some flavors suck. i like plain.

also, there is this place in brooklyn. dumbo section what up!! front stree pizza. veggie burger is one of the best i've had. as long as its well done.

7. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    My family of full of Seventh Day Adventists... They are all vegitarians.

Wham, fri-chik, linkets, choplets, prosage, etc... I've had it all.

I'll eat linkets plain out of the can... Same with choplets and fri-chik.

Wham is my favorite, by far....

I thin vegitarian tacos are better than real tacos. Get canned loma linda brand vegi burger, put in a frying pan, add oil, chili powder, cook for a few minutes... put on tortilla... BAM. Best taco ever.

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Which I'm sure was very objective.

brad cook

9. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    defintely was. it did however make me think.

10. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I love their Grillers Origional burger patties.

I was thinking of going vegitarian but I found that the thought of losing meat made me want it more and as a result I ate more of it than I normally do. On a weekly basis I probably eat meat once or twice and in very small portions. Im going to try to reduce it bit by bit and substitue it when possible. The Veggie Crumbles are a great way to make tacos and spaghetti recipes that usually have ground beef and they taste excellent.

I should try those wings.

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I like those Morning Star garden burgers alright. Also, sometimes I use their fake taco meat to make taco salads.

brad cook

12. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Mark another one in the nonvegetarian but loves soy chicken. There were some soy buffalo wings I had a couple of years ago that were so good that they almost brought me to tears.

Any "not dog" or "tofurkey" fans?

~Patrick

13. lowrez

lowrez no.

Nov 27, 2004
    New Englandish
    I really dig the Quorn stuff, but I don't know how it compares to "real" meat. Been veg since I was a kid...

14. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    The fake meat stuff always makes a great snack. Quorn is great, tofu dogs are good, and tofurkey is alright, but I've settled into a diet that uses a lot of tofu, seitan, gluten, and quinoa.

15. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Have not tried these buffalo wings yet. Must do.

Gardenburger "riblets" is one of the most meat-like non meats I've tried. Shortly after discovering these, I was served a prepared meal of actual meat, boneless ribs in sauce ...and... the Gardenburger riblets were superior in taste and texture without any allowances.

I like Gardenburger patties and others that have nice texture and discernible chunks of mushroom, olive, etc, rather than those that try to simulate the texture of ground beef pressed into a patty.

Crumbled is a different story. I make a mean chili by simply substituting Morningstar Farms crumbles for beef in the recipe. Folks who've tasted it say that it'd hardly occur to them that the meat wasn't meat.

Anyhoo, note to self: Try the buffalo wings.

16. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i was told about the riblets and nekkid chicken. i had cheese flavored boca burgers tonight. oh man.