Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mortal Kombat Deception

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bernie Connors, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Anyone buying it on Monday? I can't wait! :hyper:

2. I'll probably rent it at first to check it out. To be honest the last one didn't impress me too much, but hopefully this one will be better.

3. A lot of new games are disapointing. Star Wars Battlefront? Not worth the $2.99 I rented it for.

Rock on
    Eric:ninja:

4. It makes for a good party game for a while...thats really what its best for. Fun, but gets old quick.

5. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    I've seen the previews on G4TV. It just seems gimmicky to me. I don't care much about being able to knock my opponent through floors and ceilings. I care about the fighting. Every preview of it I see is 80% of the multi-level stage gimmicks and 20% of fighting (the actual game). The fighting looks like the same old stiff, choppy combat I've come to expect from MK.

TEKKEN is my drug of choice.

6. Ifrit84

Ifrit84 Banned

Aug 27, 2004
    London, England
    I'm more of a 2-D fighter kinda guy, MVSC2, CVSS2, Guilty Gear XX, Every edition of street fighter 2 made, 3rd strike, and KOF.

I'm making my own arcade box using the PCB board off an old gutted PS1 3rd party controller.

If you like mortal kombat, try playing it on this... [​IMG]

This is where you can learn to do it : http://www.wrongcrowd.com/arcade/
    http://www.darkravenwind.com/cdvision/arcade.htm

You make your own box and artwork, and then it's a simple matter of hooking up the easy connections to the buttons and joystick!

7. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    I'm a big fan of the MK Series, but I will probably wait a few weeks because it has the unfortunate timing of coming out the same day as Tony Hawk's Underground 2.

After I invest a ridiculous amount of time into that game I will definatley check it out.

8. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Really... Alot of the XBox Live friends I have, say its pretty good, & THE game to get, right now.

9. Nah. The respawn is too fast and easy, the vehicles are near impossible to control (everything is backward, including forward/reverse motion!!) and it's too repetative. Kill a stormtrooper, kill a stormtrooper, kill a stormtrooper, duck the grenade, kill a stormtrooper, etc etc etc. The sniper rifle doesn't kill with a single shot, even to the head, and grenades are underpowered. No blast radius. The backgrounds are nice, especially Endor and Tatooine, but there are inconsistancies between the game and the movies, ie the location and surroundings of the sarlaac pit.

I may buy it later, after the price goes down. Now when HALO 2 comes out, that's a different story!!:D That is going to be a GREAT game. HALO is still one of the best games ever designed. I still play it, and I've had it for more than 3 years now. What a game!! Never quite the same twice.

Rock on
    Eric:ninja:

10. I want look forward to wasting some time playing the new MK with my friend, but I wont spend the money on it 'cause I am sure he will get it and I don't have the time to spend on video games right now, so I don't want to spend the 50$..............I spent more then twice that today :rollno: I am too good to my friends :meh:

But I got stuff out of it too (of course) and had alot of fun...just think, if I had an actual* girlfriend I would be spending so much more money...

*don't ask

What is the topic of this thread...it WAS the new MK, kind of got off course, now I am talking about what I did today.

"Do you like...bread?"

11. Ifrit84

Ifrit84 Banned

Aug 27, 2004
    London, England
    "Freeeeeedom"

12. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Do you have XBox Live? Taking a game & playing it, is radically different when you play it live. Especially, when playing online w/ a group of friends.

13. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Don't like Halo, doubt if I'll try Halo 2. Waiting for the new Grand Theft.