Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MOSES 5-string neck finally arrived...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JOME77, Dec 21, 2002.

1. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Well, it took about 6-7 weeks but the Moses 5-string neck finally arrived. I went with the Moses because Warmoth doesn't make the 2-3/4" wide necks anymore and I also thought it might be nice to have a bass with a graphite neck. I installed it on a 1995 Warmoth deluxe Jazz 5 body (solid walnut) with stacked Bart Jazz P/U's and a NTBT preamp. I was very suprised by how much it changed the sound! Much fatter sounding and very even across the entire fingerboard. I was a little disappointed that the neck was not really 2-3/4" at the heel. It was 2-3/4" wide at the end of the fingerboard overhang but had approx 3/32" gap in the body neck socket (only 2.65" at the neck heel). Fortunately the neck mounts with threaded sleeves and seems to be very stable. It didn't seem to hurt the sustain any either. Anybody else out there installed a Moses Graphite neck on one of their basses? If so, did you also find that it changed the sound a great deal? Any fit-up problems?

2. 3 days ago i bought a 4 strings peavey foundation with a moses neck + schaller light tuners. I bought it really cheap US$140 (believe it or not!). I thought the same thing when i played it. Now it's waiting for a new body that my luthier is gonna make to it, and this one is gonna have maybe (ultra jazz) dimarzios or seymor duncans and an aguilar obp-3 or an emg bqc system. I'll have pics in one month.

3. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    this is interesting news.

i have an older ibanez ATK usa 5er that is in dire need of a new neck (usa models dont have turss rods, ery poor adjustability) and ive always wanted to put a graphite one on it. ive heard of good results, but some modifications to the neck pocket have been required to make them fit. and ill be honest, that scares me. but i really like the feel/tonality of the peavey g basses.

first, cab. then new neck for the ATK.