Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Moses/Aguilar/Essex F/S, poss. F/T

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mlwarriner, Feb 1, 2006.

1. mlwarriner

mlwarriner Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    Well, it used to be an Essex P/J bass, but the only things left from the original bass are the body, the pickguard and the neck plate.

The neck has been replaced with a Moses graphite neck, 35" scale (great for down-tuning), 4-string, fretted, with the "Moses Hooked 4-in-line" headstock. I also installed some Fretware Abalone blocks on the neck. They look like block inlays from a distance, and you can't feel them when playing. Very classy looking on a budget, IMO.

Pickups have been replaced with Rio Grande Muy Grande pups and an Aguilar OBP3 preamp, wired for 9 volts, and wired vol-vol-mid shift switch-mid control-stacked treble/bass.

Bridge has been replaced with a Badass II bridge. Tuners are Sperzel locking tuners. Electrosocket cup-style jack. Dunlop dual-design straplocks and a Keepur 1.zero 2" wide strap (black with red flames).

All hardware is black, as is the pickguard. The body is red. The only flaws that I can find are 1. when i was drilling the hole for the locating pin on the e-string tuner, I wasn't paying attention and accidentally drilled clear through the headstock. No effect on playablitily or function, but it's there. And flaw number 2 is a small (less than the size of a pencil eraser) chip in the back of the bass, where my tech ran a screw out through the back of the body when installing the pickups. Can't be seen when playing, and a drop of red fingernail polish would make it all but invisible.

Bass also includes a Musician's Friend Hardshell case.

I've got nearly $1000 in this bass, between the neck, the preamp and all the rest of the mods. I'm looking to get $575 shipped in the CONUS. Or, I would be very interested in trading for the following (in order of preference):

1. G-K 1001RB, 700RB, 800RB (head or combo version of either)
    1a. Ampeg SVT 4Pro or 3Pro (might consider a B4R)
    2. Genz Benz GBE600
    3. SWR Super Redhead combo
    4. Fender 400 Pro combo
    5. Peavy BAM combo
    6. most any other higher-powered combo amp would be considered as well. Nothing from the Carvin Redline, GK Backline or SWR Workingman's series, though, please.

Pics are forthcoming, as soon as I get a chance to shoot and upload them.

Paypal is cool (I'll pay the fees. Part of the cost of doing business.) Cashier's checks or money orders are cool too, NO PERSONAL CHECKS! Also willing to drive a couple of hours any direction from Kansas City to make a deal in person.

I've not done a lot of business here, but I do have excellent feedback on eBay under cjwarriner :)

2. mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
  3. mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
  4. would you be willing to trade straight up for a gk 800rb?

5. yea im down i just got to get another head first. prolly getting a kustom groovebass this weekend, ill get back to u on saturday.

6. mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    back to the top with a price drop :cool:

7. mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
  8. mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    also willing to part out. PM with reasonable offers :)