1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Moses Graphite 5-string neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by lowfreqgeek, May 30, 2011.

1. I purchased this in a moment of weakness and it saddens me to realize that it will be a number of years before I can put this particular project together.

35" scale, 27 frets on the G/D string with a cool little extension. The heel is extended to about the 14th fret for a super-long contact area between the neck and body. This neck has never been installed, but the inserts from Moses are included with it - just not installed.

The neck has a thin profile, 16" radius board, 1.71" nut width and about 3" heel width @ 24th fret, angled headstock, truss rod...

I'll quit blabbing. How about some pics?

IMG_2150. IMG_2151. IMG_2152. IMG_2153. IMG_2154. IMG_2155. IMG_2156. IMG_2157.

I'll do [DEL]$375[/DEL]$350 shipped CONUS. I prefer to keep this in the USA for now.

2. bump for oddly familiar user name.

3. Wow! That is strangely familiar!

4. Bump for a price drop.

5. Syco_bass

Syco_bass Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    Custom builder - Arizona Bass Company/Curcio Custom Basses
    Free bump for a nice neck at a good price.

I just started using Moses necks on a couple of builds and will be posting some finished basses soon along with a custom "Fanned Fret" 5 string. I must say the folks at Moses have a great product and the quality is fantastic.

Good luck on the sale.

6. Bump-it-up

Trades +/- appropriate cash considered for East J-Retro, ACG EQ02 (preferably on a jazz plate), Pope 4-band EQ, or a Genz-Benz ShuttleMax 9.2.

7. MarkA

MarkA In the doghouse. Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Looks like a very nice neck.

Maybe I'm not picturing this properly -- and I know it depends on the body to a large extent -- but how is access to that 27th fret with the "super-long" heel/contact area?

Also, what kind of spacing at the bridge could one reasonably attain (i.e. while leaving adequate room to either side of the B and G strings) with these neck dimensions?

Thank you!

8. Thanks, it is a nice neck. I'd be happy to use it myself if it doesn't sell, but it will take a while to get to it.

I think the upper fret access is entirely dependent on the body. The neck would really work well for a bolt-on single cut; in fact, I think that's what it's for. The lower cutaway could go all the way up to the 24th fret (or higher), and then the access to the last fret would be pretty easy.

I mocked it up with a 19mm Hipshot a while back and it looked like there would be plenty of room. I personally would plan for 18.5-19, and that's what I'll do if/when I use it. That said, my technique does not require a LOT of extra room on the B/G strings. The last fret is very similar in width to the Fender Jazz V (2.95" or so). I've had 19mm bridges on that width with no problem.

Hope that helps.

9. Trade towards a Suhr 2 or 3-band EQ?

BUMP

10. Found-something-I-need-BUMP.

Price Drop: $300 shipped CONUS.

11. Bump again.

12. Is this neck still available?

13. Yes, it is, actually. I've just held on to it, but I'm willing to let it go. PM me.

14. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    What model number is the neck?

15. It's a custom, as far as I know. I bought it (unused) off another TB'er several years ago. It doens't match any of the regular models listed on the Moses website.