Moses Great Company

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassstud1, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Bassstud1

Bassstud1 Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2001
    LaPorte Indiana USA
    If any of you are worried about spending a lot of money on a Moses neck and worried about the customer service you will get ....Worry not. I bought a Moses neck from MF. In true MF form they sent me the incorrect neck for my MM5. Instead of contacting MF to make sure it was the correct neck or not, I E-mailed Moses. Steve at Moses took the call he said it probably was the incorrect neck after some correspondence. He said just send it to us and I'll send you back the correct neck. After receiving my neck while trying to install the tuner ferrules I broke the head of the neck. I again E-mailed Steve...After a disscussion about not forcing things, Steve said send it back we'll fix it free of charge you pay for shipping. WOW I can't beleive that a company in this day and age is willing to eat a customers mistake on a special item like a graphite bass neck. I will someday soon be receiving my neck back repaired. And I will be more careful next time with graphite composite. Moses...I love you Man. Great company ...If you want my vote I say buy Moses if you want a company that stands behind their product.

Everyone should try graphite, if you really want to take a bite.
  2. JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    Great story. But I thought Graphite was very strong. :confused:
  3. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah! What'd you do to that thing!?

brad cook
  4. Bassstud1

Sep 23, 2001
    LaPorte Indiana USA
    Let's just say because I have hold a tool and die makers card I would rather not say. But I will say that it took a press at our shop to break it. I was in a hurry and didn't measure the fit of ferrules to the diameter of the hole. :bawl:

Like I say most of the time...Measure twice
    Press in once
  5. I've heard the Moses necks are actually quite heavy compared to most other graphite necks, have you had that same experience? How does the weight compare to your stock neck?
  6. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    in my experience, with a moses neck on a musicman sterling, they are heavy as heck. but feel and tone are top notch :bassist:
  7. Bassstud1

Sep 23, 2001
    LaPorte Indiana USA
    Just got my neck back. I've been out of town so I didn't sent out right away. The work they did fixing this thing is incredible. I have to work 7 days a week now with my day job. But as soon as I get it mounted up I'll write a report. Damn...they did a great job and are very responsive. I know this sounds like an ad, but I'm very impressed with their customer service.