1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Moses Neck with Inaccessible Truss Rod

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Greyfin10, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Greyfin10

Greyfin10

Sep 16, 2008
    Panama City, FL
    I recently acquired a Moses Graphite neck. I'm currently waiting on hardware, but I've noticed that the fingerboard is 22 frets, and on the Precision I'm going to mount it in, this means I won't be able to reach the truss rod while it's mounted. Given that it's graphite, I don't expect this will be a huge issue, but I was wondering if there's any reason that I can't remove, adjust, and then remount the neck in order to make truss adjustments? Would this be a workable, if inconvenient, solution?

2. Well, some basses do a channell on the face of the bass so that you can access. You could route the pickguard as well or hide it with the pickguard meaning you would have to jack with the pickguard to gain access. Once you have established your setup as far as strings and so on, I would not expect things to need much tweaking with a graphite neck.

3. Gort

Gort Banned

Nov 3, 2010
    Area 51
    No problem, that was how Fender bass necks were originally designed to be adjusted back in the early '50s.

4. Greyfin10

Greyfin10

Sep 16, 2008
    Panama City, FL
    Excellent, that's what I'll do then. I'd much rather be inconvenienced than route a nice bass for something that'll happen so rarely. Thanks for the responses!