Moses SR5 neck on OLP MM3 5 string?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Whafrodamus, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I just bought an OLP Mm3, and I've noticed that the moses SR5 necks are on sale for 199$ at MF. Will it fit?
  2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    The string spacing on the OLP's is narrower than on the actual SR5's. Even if the neck fits in the pocket, there will be space between the edge of the neck and the strings.
  3. redwood

Oct 3, 2002
    Buffalo, NY
    You could always replace the bridge too if that's the case.
    I just started this thread:
    I'd be curious to see how/what you ultimately do with it.
    Personally I think it's a decent bass. I suppose I may have gotten lucky, but for $150? I've gigged with it. I'm up north and I don't like having to take the nicer bass in the winter if I know I have to leave it in the car for any length of time. And it's performed admirably. It's got an interesting "low-fi" sort of edgey tone to it. Either way, I'm looking at it as a starting point for a nice mid-range bass. I even thought about putting on one of those headless kits on it (I keep whacking the guitarist in the head). Maybe a Moses Graphite neck................. :ninja: (currently in a gaseous dream state).
    Good luck.
  4. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Hah, I got mine for 130 :p. THe problem with replacing the OLP neck with the moses is that the moses is 6 bolt like stingray's and G&L 5ers. The OLP is 4 bolt.