Mosh Audio anyone?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MJ5150, Aug 7, 2003.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    OK...I am a cheapskate. I have yet to develop an appreciation for the high end bass cabs and amps.

In my search for a cheap cab, I found this websiteMosh Audio

I know you get what you pay for, but DANG this stuff is inexpensive. Could I get some comments from the pro's out there about this gear please. Anyone have/use it? I have never seen it around before.

Oh yeah, they deal with Madison products also. Any thoughts on those?
  2. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA

that is cheap. and they dont look half bad either. the specs seem ok, and not much different from Avatar's stuff. nice to see another low end, but quality competitor.

but a 600 watt capable 4x10 for $199? a little snake oil perhaps? hopefully, it wont shake apart before you hit those 600 watts! :meh:
  3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yeah....I said "WOW" also.

I am also concerned about this thing rattling apart before it reaches max power.

I spoke with a guy who is the "west coast regional internet dealer for Madison Speakers". He claims that Madison is top of the line gear, while the Legion and Sequence are their "secondary" brands. He stands behind them with a one year warranty, and claims they sound good like the big brand names.

I am trying to arrange a chance to go listen to them in Portland, Oregon. If they sound good, I will buy from them.
  4. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    well look at the sensitivity rating... its pretty inefficient... 96DB @ 1W/1M... thats not very good. the freqency response is pretty bad too, 50hz-4.5khz? their 1x15 only goes down to 45 hz.... hmm these seem to be very inefficient cabs with bad sensitivity ratings. they would be okay if you put a similar matched 1x15 or so under them to carry those lows.