1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mosky B Box

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Stan_da_man, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Colum

Colum

Dec 8, 2018
    Here you go, I did this very quickly going straight into logic with no amp sim or eq.
    It starts dry then pedal engaged with the tone and bass knobs flat at 12 o'clock, gain at 3 o'clock.
    Then played with fingers at the same setting.

I then cranked the gain half way and then full. I kept the bass and treble flat throughout. It doesn't need the bass to be cranked.

When the beat changes I play without the pedal and then with the pedal with the gain below 3 o'clock. The pedal is engaged It works great like this to add a touch of grit and some tube like warmth or to push other pedals. I kept as close to unity gain as I could and you'll hear how transparent this pedal is. In the last clip it comes in at 1.49. It adds a small touch of compression but it's actually a pleasing amount.

At the price the pedal is a no brainer. I got it for 18 euro delivered on aliexpress but it's Chinese New Year now so it could take a while.

I shall be investing in a real Timmy pedal soon and would encourage people to do the same if they like it.

Enjoy

Mm silver test

Nunovsky likes this.
  2. Stan_da_man

Stan_da_man

Aug 29, 2006
    UK
    Thank you for that clip. Sounds great as a low/medium gain tubes pushed type of sound. With the gain cranked, it loses a little low end but I was expecting that. Order placed!

3. Colum

Colum

Dec 8, 2018
    Yeah, that's it. I think it does the one thing well on bass.

4. Is the B-Box as good with bass then a Bass Tube screamer (even thought it doesn’t have a clean blend)?

5. Colum

Colum

Dec 8, 2018
    I've never heard the Bass Tube Screamer so I can't comment. I didn't like the B-Box for bass at all but someone else here did.

If you really want a cheap bass overdrive you could try the two bass specific ones I mentioned earlier. It will always be a gamble with pedals that cheap but at least those are bass pedals and presumably hold the low end better than a guitar pedal. The Wine Cellar has an xlr out too, though I doubt it's a balanced out at that price.

I really like the MM Silver and have actually been using it as an almost always on pedal for tube like grit and warmth which is remarkable for a pedal that cheap. I have a VMT clone going into it for full on od which sounds great.

6. Stan_da_man

Stan_da_man

Aug 29, 2006
    UK
    Can't believe what a sleeper this pedal is - absolute gem for peanuts (the MM Silver).

Nunovsky likes this.