Mosrite Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JoBo-86, Mar 31, 2003.

1. Hey Guys,
    Does anyone know where I could find some kinda mosrite guitar dealer? I'm looking for a new bass and I really like the mosrite style but I wouldn't know the first place to look for a mosrite bass. Thanks!
  2. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Hmmm I have only seen them on eBay myself. I know GC doesn't normally have them...:meh:
  3. sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    there is an austrailian dealer who makes very very groovy mosrite copies. look just exactly like the real ones. he builds them to their specs not his, so they are practically the real thing. mosrites are hard to come by. anyway its tym guitars. i dont know the address, type that (tym guitars) in on yahoo and it should take you there.
  4. Johnny Alien

Johnny Alien Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Harrisburg, PA, USA
    Tym guitars are outstanding and priced well but he unfortunately is a one man business and my name is on a list to have a bass made for me in about two years so don't plan on getting one anytime soon unless he decides to expand. (In fact I don't think he is taking orders right now). used to be the only US dealer for the inports but I think they are no longer carrying them so I think the new exclusive dealer is Loud Guitars. These are the Japanese reissues and are very nice. A friend of mine ordered from Loud Guitars and praised their service. They even carry a new model bass modeled after the Mark-II guitar that Johnny Ramone played. Very cool!! For American Mosrites you would have to play the ebay game!!
  5. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    If you like Mosrites, you need to come to Bakersfield CA (where Semie Mosley made Mosrites) and go to Front Porch Music on 19th Street. Artie has a couple hundred Mosrite guitars and basses, including the first Mosrite production bass ever made, hanging on the walls (they're not for sale though.)
  6. :) ooo i like...i like... sometimes everything seems better in california...
  7. Wownirvana

Jul 7, 2002
    Athens, GA
    If you're looking for a fairly cheap bass, try a Danelectro Hodad. They look kind of like a Mosrite and can be found for under $250.
  8. BjornStravinsky

Sep 23, 2009