Most annoying recurring t.v. commercial character

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mon Rominee, Aug 23, 2004.

1. You could say the "where's the Beef" lady. You could say Joe Isuzu. Or the Brawny guy. Or that biotch that prances like the village idiot to Devo music with a Swiffer.

But my vote goes to Mr. Unnoficial Wendy's spokesman.
    I hate that character. With a passion.

I know, small potatoes.

Either way, discuss if'n you like.
  2. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    This may be drifting away from the main topic, but what I hate is when I'm watching tv and there are little advertisments in the lower corner of the screen. I mean that's what commercials are for. Totally distracting.
    Basically, advertising has become way out of control.
  3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Yeah the Wendy's one is pretty bad.

But speaking of wheres the beef. This is a local one. It's for Save A Lot food stores. Aparently they have a butcher. So it's on the radio, this lady goes to ever store and asks "WHERE'S THE BUTCHER" 12 times in a row in the most high pitched squeaky annoying dentist drill into my skull awful voice.
  4. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    that's rather morbid.
  5. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Don't you just want to shoot the little bear in the SNUGGLES commercial?

My all time "favorite" was the little blond girl that was selling Welch's Grape Juice for awhile. She looked like there should be several more of them, in both genders, all born on the same day after all the people in a small English village fell unconscious mysteriously....
  6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    how about that spazzy bald 6-flags mascot? :hyper: wheeee!
  7. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Most annoying recurring t.v. commercial character ? Cap'n Crunch. Without a doubt that sawed off, arrogant, little fairy boat captain is the epitome of annoying. I can't stand the way he talks, the way he dresses, the big yellow C on his stupid blue hat. Oh, he just drives me nuts! I mean, the guy is supposed to be the captain of a ship and he can't even spell captain! What's up with that? Then, there's Lucky from the Lucky Charms - don't get me started on him (I don't think he's really even Irish!) …but that would be a whole other post - my vote goes to the Cap'n.
  8. The old dude that dances to that terrible music?? We have him here too!
  9. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, i think he's the global 6 flags representative lol.
  10. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000

I'll second this.
  11. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Anything with the best case for selective genocide, like cell phone ads - this no-talent wank, Carrot Top -

12. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    That Arby's oven mitt.
  13. Yeah, that thing pisses me off.
  14. srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    If you live in So.California you have no doubt seen commercials staring the infamous and dis-barred Larry H. Parker.

This guy is such a weasel. If had as much money as Elvis had I would shoot my TV everytime his mug appeared on it.

15. *BANG*...

My vote goes to the six flags guy. I loathe him SO FRICKIN MUCH!
  16. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah, six flags guy is definitely annoying.

brad cook
  17. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    You know, I hate Mr. Wendy just because I loved Dave Thomas, that guy was the coolest!

That being sad, I hate the where you at lady from boost cells and that Sprint guy... god I hate Sprint guy and Verizon guy too!

Its weird how some people think that annoying commercials will bring them customers.

18. :eyebrow: