Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Most complicated controls on a bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SuperDuck, Apr 1, 2002.

1. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Let's see some pics of basses with all the knobs and switches you could ever want. Coil taps, phase switches, slap contours... I'm getting kind of aroused just thinking about all those... Sure, all the switches could become a hassle, but I know that I'll admit to wanting to own a beast with all the tone shaping options known to man.

I have a picture of JT's 8 stringer that has five knobs, two concentric knobs, and six switches. All that for one pickup! I would have posted it as an attachment, but the file is too large. I'm sure JT wouldn't mind sharing, should he happen to read this. So let's see 'em!

EDIT: Here's a pic with that one in it. :)

[​IMG]

2. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    [​IMG]

6 knobs, two switches. Don't think that beats any of JT's. . . :)

Hmm, there was a Hanewinckel 8-string around somewhere that had MIDI built-in. . .lots o' knobs!

3. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    P.S. JT's 8s actually have nine pickups. :) (and MIDI I think). Unless you count the MM as two, in which case my HW6 has, um, 12 (one quad, one dual, six piezo). :D

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, both my 8's have midi built in, which adds some complexity.

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

the fretted 8 only has 5 switches, though. :( :rolleyes: :D