most creative bands?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by frankencow150, Dec 29, 2001.

1. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    I think the most creative,and original bands are Tool and Primus.Nobody sounds like either of them,and I think that nobody ever will.

For the most talented I would say Primus.
  2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I gotta say Theorem. These guys are really good!!!! ;) Especially the bassist. He's AWESOME!!!!:p:D
  3. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Oh sorry I forgot about them!And yeah their bassist kicks major a$$!

4. As far as metal goes i thinks system of a down is very crative in their lyrics and music, the way they can go from one tone to another.
  5. ya, primus and tool are sweet. but, RHCP used to be unique (and still are, in a sense) because they oriented the whole rock-rap thing, but now there is to many bands trying to do it, and most just suck(linkin park, project wyze, crazy town, etc.). i say if you need to guys to sing when only one of em is goin at once, it just proves the lack in your talent. DJs dont belong in rock.
  6. BassPlayerGush

Sep 23, 2001
    i couldn't agree more with orginality of the Chili Peppers and Tool. I love both of those bands. There true heart and souls (either positive or negative) are poured into there instruments and vocals. A lot of that is lacked with these "rap-metal" and pretty much all current (corporate) band (if you wanna call them bands).
    I think Rage Against the Machine has a lot of orginality put in there music. Zach's lyrics are eye opening, and Tom Morello is always finding away to do something innovative with his guitar. Unfortunuelty, i dont know what the status of rage is since zach left the band:confused:
  7. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Yeah RhCP is good,and Rage.i heard the new system of a down cd,and i dont understand why people say there so creative.all their songs sound the same.tom morello is my 2nd favorite guitarist,but jimi hendrix will always be number 1.
  8. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
  9. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Creative bands? Radiohead, Sigur Ros, Cibo Matto. These guys are doing some pretty out-there stuff with pretty basic instrumentation.
  10. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Gotta agree about Primus. Sailing the Seas of Cheese is one of my all time faves.

Other active extra-boxular thinkers:
    Aphex Twin, John Zorn, Candiria, Bill Laswell, Jon Spencer, Jim O'Rourke, Third Eye Foundation, Fugazi, Gorillaz, Techno Animal, Boredoms, Butthole Surfers, Thinking Plague, Secret Chiefs 3, Quintron, Mouse On Mars, Gonk, DJ Krush, Ben Neill.
  11. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Oh man, so many....well not really, but oh well.

My choices have already been posted.....
  12. I thought that was the idea behind all music.:rolleyes: :D :cool:

Um, Fugazi has always been inovative.

I know imma probably get killed here, but I can't lie when I say that Linkin Park is one of my fav. bands creatively. They may not have been the first band to make it big using the dj method, but I happen to think they have some creative sampling in their songs.

Well, we probably should just face it, most innovative stuff music wise is not with rock, but with DJs. Classifying a band takes away from their creativity IMHO.

Well, thats all. :peace.
  13. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

14. Sigur Ros. They're compared to Pink Floyd alot, but their music is way out there.

Radiohead... its hard to believe that they can reproduce their songs almost perfectly live.

The Strokes. They take all of their influences and mix them make their own sound. I can't wait to hear what these guys will sound like 4 or 5 years down the road.

Coldplay. Pop music done well.

And You Will Know Us by the Tral of Dead. They're punk, but they don't sound like all of the other "SoCal skateboarding suburbanite" bands.

Red Hot Chili Peppers. Their music is great... the Chili Peppers are a real band, in every sense of the word. You don't hear just Flea or Anthony Kiedis, you hear the Chili Peppers.

And I left of the obvious ones like Cream, Pink Floyd, the Clash, Led Zeppelin, the Beatles etc. etc.
  15. Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    No Means No, Victims Family, At The Drive-In, Radiohead,Minutemen,Bad Brains
  16. lemonadeisgood

Aug 22, 2001
    Nine Inch Nails are creative. Trent Reznor is a genius.
  17. HANDS DOWN Led Zeppelin, they could rock, they could funk, play blues, and did some amazing acoustic #'s. What more could you ask for?
  18. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    He's hit everything dead on here.

My vote goes to Radiohead: they do so much. Yes it takes five of them to pull it off, but they still just barely pull a lot of it off live.
  19. yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000