1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Most hard-core band

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Viviuos, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Viviuos

Viviuos

Jul 15, 2004
    Nehawka, Nebraska
    Who do you think is the most hard-core band today. I'm not talking members in an band being hardcore (theres already a thread for that) but who is the hardest band, plain and simple. Local bands are encouraged, but please provide a like to some songs or at least a homepage if at all possible. I have my own opinions on this subject and will discuss them after a few people submit their thoughts.

2. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    We talking hardcore, as in Norma Jean hardcore, or "hardcore" as in tech, or extreme? To just call someone hardcore doesn't really explain anything.

3. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Uh yeah, this needs to be narrowed down a little...

4. Into The Moat is the hardest hard core I can thing of.

5. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Justin Timberlake

:D

6. Diowulf

Diowulf Guest

Aug 4, 2004
    San Rafael CA
    This is kinda a vague subject, but I would have to say...Amon Amarth for me. I saw the "Death in Fire" video and I loved it.

7. FiElDy is teh r0xx0rz!!!111 ;)

8. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Wayne Newton is the most hardcore lounge singer I've ever heard.

j/k, I can guess what your after, but being so subjective a question, I can't even answer that for myself. It depends on the day.

9. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Bad Brains.

This thread is over.

10. fozzy

fozzy

Jun 21, 2001
    Riga, Latvia, EU
    The Dillinger Escape Plan ???

11. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I told you i was Hardcore.

12. As I Lay Dying.

13. Viviuos

Viviuos

Jul 15, 2004
    Nehawka, Nebraska
    Sorry for the confusion but where I live the term Hard-core refers to metal/death metal/speed metal etc.

As I promised here is my take on this, It is impossible to find THE hardest band in the world because of a few reasons. 1.) It depends on the genre, speed metal vs. black two different spin offs of the same genre but they usually sound different; so it is hard to compare them. 2.) Peoples opinions differ, what I think is the heaviest sound may be weak and pathetic to somebody else.

Having said that I am going to have to go with a local/regional band called facecage.
    Facecage= fast + aggressive + loud + talented.
    They put on an awesome live show that’s all about the music and nothing else. www.facecage.com but they must be redoing it because there is nothing there but the logo.

14. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Hmmm... Ive been listening to the Locust lately so Ill say them even though Im pretty sure there are plenty of others just as "hardcore".

15. Without a doubt- The Go-Go's:

[​IMG]

16. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    An*l C**t maybe?

17. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Tiny Tim with Brave Combo. Seriously!

Nile, Meshuggah, Cryptopsy, Gorguts, Martyr, SYL, will all kick your teeth in.

18. I'm always down for a little Sepultura or Soulfly...

19. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, by that definition, Cryptopsy is up there for brutality, chops, and composition.

20. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    ***?

I said Bad Brains.

Thread over.