1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Most Inspirational Clip I've Seen In a Long Time

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jaywa, Jul 25, 2012.

1. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    Gentlemen (and ladies), here is a YouTube clip by Mr. Bernard Purdie. He's a "pretty good" drummer from way back who has played and recorded with the best of the best. He was also a major influence on the late Jeff Porcaro, who I consider to be among the best drummers of my generation.

Two things about this clip. #1, the man's ridiculous talent and #2, his sheer unbridled joy at playing. I laughed out loud several times watching this, not only by how crazy good the playing was but just the way he was carrying on.

Check it out. I guarantee you'll feel better afterward (well, unless you're a bad drummer maybe :D)

2. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
  3. Barca_bass

Barca_bass

May 22, 2011
    jaywa- I felt the same exact way about that clip you posted. The odd thing is, I just watched that clip for the first time last night without knowing this thread was here, and I was led to it by following a series of Jeff Porcaro vids who I admire.

Jauqo- That track is very good. I had not heard of that guitarist but I am very impressed. Your tone is awesome, and of course the drumming is just right.

Now, I don't mean to hijack this thread...but in some of the other Purdie videos, who is the bassist he is playing with?

4. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.

Thank you and yes Kudzai is definitely a talented guitarist.

Here we are again.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f19/some-fretless-sub-contra-bass-902031/

I have no clue. But his tone is nice.

5. Auguste

Auguste

Apr 5, 2012
    Absolutely Correct