Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Most Les Claypool like settings on my amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dean_CustomJazz, Sep 19, 2002.

1. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    I gut a hartke HA3500, and I have a good tone, I really like it, but I'd like it to cut through more, and the most pleasing tone I've ever heard cut through is the les mans. How can I achieve this on my amp without buying an svp pro?

2. bassplayajew

bassplayajew

Mar 14, 2002
    Bethesda, MD
    i remember reading somewhere that les has the eq something like this: bass-3, mids-6, treble-5, gain-9, master volume-2

3. master volume 2? :confused:

4. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    wynona gat big brown beaver and she showed it off to all her friends. one day that beaver tried to leave her so she set it up in a cyclone fence...:rolleyes:

5. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    going down to southpark gonna have myself a time.... i'm sorry i couldn't resist:oops:

6. It's great that you know the lyrics but that's not what this post is about. If you have any information on the original question, post it, but if not, keep it to yourself.

7. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    i found an unbelievable setting, that I will keep for ever. Im too lazy to write it down, but eventually ill do it and show "yall" as the homies say.

8. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    it's great that you took such offense to my carefree attitude on a not-so-serious post. it's not like he broke his amp. so lighten up newbie! you'll last longer....
    and by the way you didn't contribute anything worthwhile to the cause either, so i wouldn't yap about it if i were you. :p

9. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    ouch, I sense much hostility mustard san....

10. I didn't take offense to it at all! I just sound real serious all the time. I just wanted to keep things on topic thats all. Also, although I never post, I'm around here quite often so don't think I just registered yesterday and decided to make waves. Sorry for any bad vibes I gave off.

11. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    no problem... peace man!

12. Mr.Nimrod

Mr.Nimrod

Jul 23, 2000
    Syracuse, NY
    here are his svt-3 pro settings from the june 2001 bass player mag....

gain 5, bass 3, mid 4, frequency 4, treble 1, master 9, tube gain 4.5, and a "W" shaped curve on the 9 band graphic eq.

hope that helps!
    -dan

13. mr. nimrod:
    Are those O'Clock settings? On my SVP it has like 0 where I would consider 7 O'clock to be and 10 where 5 O'clock is.
    Is he talking Ampeg #'s or O'clocks.... hmm

14. Simple, put a W shape on your graphic eq... That should give you a claypoolish tone.

15. Mr.Nimrod

Mr.Nimrod

Jul 23, 2000
    Syracuse, NY
    not sure......the article didnt specify. probably the numbers though...not "oclock"s.