Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Most Overrated bassists?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by IAMERICCOCHRANE, Feb 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was reading the "worst bassist post" and someone said that the topic should have been "most overrated bassist" so it wasnt so negative. So I took there advice and made that post. So who do you think is the most overrated bassist? I think that either Fieldy or The bassist from the Goo-Goo Dolls are the most overrated bassist. I remember watching Story Tellers one night and the lead singer said, pointing to the bass player "This guy right here is the greatest secret in Rock and Roll, He's awesome". What the hell? I don think so buddy.

2. If my memory serves me right (and that's questionable) this has been done a number of times (with the same exact thread title).

3. this thread will just get peoples hackles up and I can't see anything positive coming out of it....

btw - Robbie Takac does his "thing" pretty admirably - he is solid as he holds down the bottom end, takes up sonic space and sings a killer backing vocal. perfect for a power trio.

4. Ok ok true this will get people all riled up and fighting. So here lets put down some rules.

1.If someone post a bassist that they think is overated, No disagreeing. Everyone has there own opinions.
    2. No posting profanity towards your least favorite bassist.
    3. No negative posts towards fellow talk-bassist.

Thats all I can think of right now, if any of you have some rules you want posted.

Edit by Jay: No example needed on #2

5. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    'Cause Freaky Fender and gruffpuppy are saying he's God. I have it on good authority he's not God.:cool:

6. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    It has been X. In fact, I think there's already a thread up and running in the FAQ about this. I'll have to double check to see. If its not I'll re-open this one.

Mama Cass

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.