1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Most Oxymoronical rig!! And the winner goes to?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by albass111, Mar 3, 2008.

1. albass111

albass111

Feb 13, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    This thing sounded great. Competing with a 100watt Marshall and a loud drummer, the master never got past 8:30ish. I will post some more detailed explanations in some other Shuttle 6.0 reviews and threads, but I thought you guys might get a laugh out of this. With this amp and cab combo, there is headroom for days. It's unfortunate that this setup is so impractical and antithetical.
    FWIW, it sounded great!! Thick and clear.
    DSC01160-1.

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Very nice!

And here I thought that one of my choices was going to be Ken Jung playing a full SVT rig! :p

Tom.

3. :D

My favorite is Rob's Peavey 400 (that HUGE tube head) with his little Berg HT112 sitting on TOP of the head. The cab is probably less than 50% as big as the head!!!!!

4. My primary gigging rig is an Epi410UL(II) and an F1. That's kind of the 'funk/pop' equivalent to the rig you posted above. I actually think it looks pretty cool, and it just slams, slams, slams... I mean it SLAMS:bassist:

f1b.

5. RED5

RED5

Jan 14, 2008
    Suffolk County,NY
    Not so much an amplifier as it is a hood ornament!

6. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    Do you need to super glue the head to the cab to keep it from vibrating off or being yanked by your cord?

7. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    My Walkabout looks like a toy on top of two Powerhouse cabs, but like yours, it sounds immense.

8. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Kinda like this, eh? :smug:

105_0525.

9. speedkills

speedkills

Jan 10, 2008
    California
    LOL - - That was going to be my question...

My head weighs 40+ pounds and I worry about yanking on the cord :eek:

10. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    Not quite as extreme as *that* one, but I was trying to find a picture of fretlessboy's GBE1200 on top of his Neox112t cab, but can't find it. 44 pound head, 33 pound cab ... ;)

Cheers

11. haha, very funny looking rig. Im sure it sounds the money though!

12. MrBonex

MrBonex

Jan 2, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Great thread! I was thinking about that same "picture" just yesterday because I've been contemplating the new Genz Benz 600!

I, too, worry about a cord pulling the amp off the bin. Has anyone dealt with that issue? Maybe duct tape.

Unfortunately, my amp is a Trace V-6, so it looks "normal". I'd like to see more of these!

PIX PIX PIX!!

13. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    I'd love to see that...

14. My fave was a Marshall 100 guitar amp through an SWR Henry VIII

15. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

A friend of mine gigged recently with his Markbass F1 on top of his NV610. It must have looked pretty tiny on top of that huge cab. :p

16. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    I gig my Ashdown Superfly with my Accugroove El Whappo. I'll try and get some pics.......

17. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Ken Jung with t bird playing through a SVT classic and an 8x10 gets my vote!

18. the other day I was in a pretty loud jam session, the striking of certain notes would cause my NeoPak to vibrate across the top of my B212 towards me... What would be a good remedy for this, besides not playing those particular notes?

19. hasbeen

hasbeen Commercial User

Sep 23, 2004
    Vice President, KMC Music. Warwick U.S. distribution, Ampeg distribution
    velcro

20. Hi.

Another vote for velcro.

Sam