Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Most Popular Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Joel Duffey, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Stingrays are everywhere these days, what is it that everyone likes most about them. im betting its the nice feel, but then theres also that whole full sound of them. i dunno.

2. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Play one in front of a good loud amp. You will either get it or not. Opinion is polarised between gushing or 'one-trick pony'.

3. well i dont get it.

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Most popular? Jazz and P's! Just look at all of the clones. As for Stingrays, I like the 5's more than the 4's. To me, the 4's are the one trick ponies, but they are still great basses.

5. Hey fellow Aucklander! That makes three of us, that I know of. Come into Mainline Music in Greenlane and say hi, I'm the bass guy and assistant manager there.
    BTW, I've got a sweet used Stinger in honeyburst with white guard and maple board, we can crank it up through a big rig. Heh, heh......

6. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    here in italy

Stingray
    '70 Jazz
    Warwick, Ibanez

7. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Here (based on what's available and therefore is bought):

Fender
    Warwick
    Ibanez (Soundgear)

8. oldirtymoney

oldirtymoney Banned

Jul 16, 2002
    california, carslbad
    i had a music man sterling model 4 string. I just got a 5 string warwick and i like the feel and sound of it better then the music man, but thats just me :D

9. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Well, Chicago seems to be a big Fender town. In fact, it's mostly Fender 4-strings. I guess we're slower than other parts of the country.

Anyway, the whole Stingray thing...I never got it. The tone is cool, but the feel...yuck!

10. Fender, Sadowsky, and Warwick seem to be very popular on this here board.

11. yeah thats truie about the copies, but for top line basses sting rays would b e the most popular, what do i know, im just a kid.