Most recent AVATAR convert...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by KPJ, Nov 23, 2004.

1. KPJ

KPJ Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    I just picked up a used Avatar 212 at a local music store for $150! I'm not sure of the exact model, but it is rated at 4 ohms, has two 1/4" jacks and a tweeter attenuator.

I am integrating it into my rig, it is replacing a Hartke 410XL. My new rig is SansAmp Bass Driver>BBE 462>Sunn Coliseum Slave>Avatar 212 & Joe's 115. I have not had a chance to put this through it's paces yet, but I am pleased with the initial results! I will post pics soon.

This is also the first thread I have started since (finally) renewing my Supporting Membership!
  2. That sounds like a great rig. Curious about the Sansamp and power amp combo.

I use an Avatar 212 and 210 with a GK 1001 and it's just great. the 212 is a super versitile cabinet and loud as hell.
  3. opivy3056

Oct 14, 2004
    Annapolis, MD
    I have the b410 4ohm model and i love it. Great standalone cab. The punch is incredible! I wish i could get a 1x15 for some growl but then i would have to get a 2 ohm head :meh: maybe later

4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I have an avatar 212 with my ashdown head and its a great amp. Avatar cab is great, if you dont turn the tweeter up too high (Foster tweeter).
  5. Awesome deal on that Avatar.
    I love mine
  6. KPJ

KPJ Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    I have heard that, but this tweeter does not seem so harsh. I had a SWR Workingman 2x10 and I thought that tweeter was ear-splitting! I don't use much treble in my sound, and I have been able to get a decent full range sound by varying the attenuator. I'm not sure where I set it, because I was reaching around to the back of the cab and turning the knob!
  7. KPJ

KPJ Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    I couldn't move on it fast enough when I saw it, especially after all the great feedback I have seen on Avatars here on TalkBass!