Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Most recent AVATAR convert...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by KPJ, Nov 23, 2004.

1. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    I just picked up a used Avatar 212 at a local music store for $150! I'm not sure of the exact model, but it is rated at 4 ohms, has two 1/4" jacks and a tweeter attenuator.

I am integrating it into my rig, it is replacing a Hartke 410XL. My new rig is SansAmp Bass Driver>BBE 462>Sunn Coliseum Slave>Avatar 212 & Joe's 115. I have not had a chance to put this through it's paces yet, but I am pleased with the initial results! I will post pics soon.

This is also the first thread I have started since (finally) renewing my Supporting Membership!

2. That sounds like a great rig. Curious about the Sansamp and power amp combo.

I use an Avatar 212 and 210 with a GK 1001 and it's just great. the 212 is a super versitile cabinet and loud as hell.

3. opivy3056

opivy3056 Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2004
    Annapolis, MD
    I have the b410 4ohm model and i love it. Great standalone cab. The punch is incredible! I wish i could get a 1x15 for some growl but then i would have to get a 2 ohm head :meh: maybe later

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I have an avatar 212 with my ashdown head and its a great amp. Avatar cab is great, if you dont turn the tweeter up too high (Foster tweeter).

5. Awesome deal on that Avatar.
    I love mine

6. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    I have heard that, but this tweeter does not seem so harsh. I had a SWR Workingman 2x10 and I thought that tweeter was ear-splitting! I don't use much treble in my sound, and I have been able to get a decent full range sound by varying the attenuator. I'm not sure where I set it, because I was reaching around to the back of the cab and turning the knob!

7. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    I couldn't move on it fast enough when I saw it, especially after all the great feedback I have seen on Avatars here on TalkBass!