1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Most similar Basses to Yamaha TRB5 (Tonewise)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mili, Aug 15, 2019 at 6:48 AM.

Tags:
  1. Mili

Mili

Nov 14, 2015
    Earth
    Hello
    I love everything about Yamaha TRB5 and 6 (Tonality, looks, specs) but they are very rare here. I don't have much experiences with other Brands so I like to know yours.
    For reference:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019 at 3:33 PM
  2. Mark76

Mark76

Dec 1, 2015
    Leicester
    On Earth? Surely that would be the one place in the Universe where they'd be most commonly found?

Charlzm and Mili like this.
  3. Mili

Mili

Nov 14, 2015
    Earth
    :roflmao:
    Assume a bad place on the earth. But generally they are rare and not in very good conditions or modified usually. I wanna know what's the closest options.

4. Mark76

Mark76

Dec 1, 2015
    Leicester
    Croydon?

5. PeaveyPlayer

PeaveyPlayer Supporting Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Well in the first video I’m pretty sure he has an east preamp

And he swapped the board to maple

Mili likes this.
  6. I got my TRB6II in very (very) good condition from BassDirect who, AFAIK, will ship anywhere on earth. They had a second one, also VGC, to sell, shortly after. So they seem to pop up from time to time. If the choice was between a TRB1006J (current model) and something else, I'd also check for an MTD Kingston KZ6. I don't know if that qualifies for a TRB ersatz but I sure would consider that model.

Mili likes this.
  7. Mili

Mili

Nov 14, 2015
    Earth
    I'm living in a middle eastern country and shipping price outside of EU is very high.(604£)

8. So what would be reasonably available new or used, local or shipped ?

9. Mili

Mili

Nov 14, 2015
    Earth
    I have some friends in US and Canada so I can ask them to buy a brand new Bass online and bring it to me when they come back to visit their family or something like that...

10. Mili

Mili

Nov 14, 2015
    Earth
    Come on friends....
    MTD Kingston KZ6 is a good one.
    Nothing more?! :confused:

11. Keep in mind that TRBxIIs are 35" scale whereas the TRBxs are 34". I can't compare 1st and 2gen models but IMO the 35" scale is an important factor in 2nd gen tone. If I was to buy another 6er I'd look for 35" scale (as the MTD Kingston is). I don't say that 34" scale 5ers or 6ers basses aren't good but I really like that 35" scale sound.

Mili likes this.
  12. Mili

Mili

Nov 14, 2015
    Earth
    Thanks for the info, I prefer 35" for 5 and 6ers.