Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Most suitable multi effects for me?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by stinkiusminkius, Aug 1, 2004.

1. Hello all.

I currently play cover versions (indie stuff) which involves me needing certain different styles of sounds, so I'm thinking a multi effects pedal should cover my needs. but most that i read about seem to have silly problems like delays between switching effects - i would want one that has no delay when switching between patches. even the line 6 pod needs a separate (and not cheap ) foot pedal to do this. however, i also dont always want the hassle of an amp - so maybe some amp modelling is also needed.
    any thoughts of what would help me out? (the boss gt6b always gets good write ups, if it can do all this - but is there something cheaper?).

Cheers

2. Four words - G T 6 B (or maybe the ME-50B, but I cannot comment on it because I have never played with it).
    I have had my gt-6b for about a year now and have used it in the studio and live and have not had a single problem with it. The unit switches between patches smoothly and quickly and offers a huge variety of options. It is a bit pricey, but for the quality of sound and a very durable housing, I think it is money well spent.
    Definately check one out.

3. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    You can probably find gt6b s second hand for increasingly less $$ what with the me50b. The amp sims aren't great but with tweaking some good tones can be found. In a live situation I still prefer it to my board, it's just simpler to use and gives me less room for breakdowns.
    I wouldn't use it for serious recording but in a live situation it kicks ass.