1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Most under-rated bass player?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by smithy78, Mar 16, 2009.

1. smithy78

smithy78

Mar 15, 2009
    Hey everyone, I am new here, looks like a great site.. I would say Matt Freeman, he is well known but I don't think he quite gets the credit he deserves. He was my biggest inspiration growing up... Who do you think's under-rated?

2. I would have to say I am :bassist:

3. How can one answer the question? If you give them praise, they're no longer under rated.

4. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    EDIT(Mark): Is that really appropriate? Use your head.

5. OK, give me a little praise then!! :D :hyper:

6. of course you're underrated! you're in Lakeland! everyone knows the real cats play in Winter Haven...

7. 3toes

3toes

Aug 30, 2006
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    I was going to say this for myself... but then I remembered that it's pretty well known how much of a bad@$$ I am :bag:

8. I'm definitely underrated, even to myself!

9. Allmanfan456

Allmanfan456

Jan 23, 2009
    Connecticut
    Marco Hietala of Nightwish.

10. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Moved to Bassists.

11. Bassgrinder77

Bassgrinder77 Banned

Jan 23, 2009
    Good point. So I'll just say ... ... know what I mean?

12. Puck

Puck

Nov 3, 2007
    DFW area, Texas
    Yoshihito Onda, of Judy and Mary, Jacks,N,Joker, and Hot Rod Crue. Because anyone who can make an obnoxious shrieking chipmunk of a singer sound good is genius...and most people don't even acknowledge him, other than to make fun of his hair.

13. Fenderjazz21

Fenderjazz21

Mar 16, 2009
    Jeff Ament..

14. Kevin O'Niel from The Busboys was pretty good.I guess he saw the writing on the wall since he left way before the rest of the band gave up.Anyone know what happened to Kevin?

15. Andy Rourke. His basslines in the Smiths were simply amazing and his solo work with Badly Drawn Boy and the like is also noteworthy.

Shame no-one seems to mention him when either The Smiths or indeed rock music.

16. J0ttem

J0ttem

Oct 2, 2008
    The Netherlands
    Colin Edwin of Porcupine Tree

17. smithy78

smithy78

Mar 15, 2009
    Krist Novoselic?