Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

most unique line-up for a band??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Stupidnick, Jun 25, 2003.

1. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    Think of a band or two or 3 you like and give a list of members who would you would like to be in this band. Tell what the band would sound like. =D

I would love to see a Kirk quit metallica and start the a new megadeth with Mustain, with Dave Abruzzesse(ex pearl jam) on drums and get David Ellefson laying down the low end again.

I dunno, what this would sound like, but Id love to hear anything new from megadeth, Dave's arm is alot better now, Ive been prayin for him alot in the past year.

Also I would love to see Jaco Team up with Dennis Chambers. I would love to see how they compliment each others playing.

I also cant wait for the new Danny Carey/ Les Claypool/Adrian Belew Project, I hope i'll be blown away!

2. i'd like to see a bright eyes/minus the bear/pedro the lion/botch line up. that would make me happy like sunshine and rainbows. or to see grade/whippersnapper/jersey do something.

3. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    Quote: From Foxy granpa:I would love to see a Kirk quit metallica and start the a new megadeth with Mustain, with Dave Abruzzesse(ex pearl jam) on drums and get David Ellefson laying down the low end again.

Dave E.is a very cool guy, we did a Modulus clinic together a few years back. I like your idea I think it would sound killer.

Quote:I dunno, what this would sound like, but Id love to hear anything new from megadeth, Dave's arm is alot better now, Ive been prayin for him alot in the past year.

Dave Mustaine is back, he is with ESP Guitars now
    They just launched a signature model.He is talking to Dave E. and the other members again
    and looking for a project, check out Guitar World
    aug 2003.

4. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    I would like to see, Les Claypool on bass, urin from Mindless self indulgence and Trent Rezonor on keys/programing, the synth guitar player from Deadsy on synth guitar, the singer from Bile on vox as well as Mike Patton on Vox and his crazy vocal mixer table thing, Danny Carey on drums, and the two guitarists from The Dillenger Escape Plan on guitars. The sound would be outlandish industrial, synth, mathcore, with that hint of patton/claypool circus antic music. Crazy crazy, would be fun to listen too.
    peace
    -Ben

5. BassistJ

BassistJ

Mar 20, 2001
    Hemet, CA USA
    I would'nt know who to fill the roles, but for years I've been tossing around the concept of an all electric/MIDI band (Electric drums and percussion, keyboards, electric/MIDI bass and guitar, EWI). No ones roll in the band would be dictated by the instrument they play, focusing alot on interplay of the musicians and almost free-jazz levels of composition. Of course I'd probably be nuts enough to throw in some vocals and write good, "radio quality" songs and just totally mess with peoples heads.

Have'nt found anyone up for it. Suprise, suprise.

6. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX

Not trying to be rude, but Jaco Pastorius is dead. He has been dead for quite some time.

FWIW, check out an album called "Bright Size Life". The album is by Pat Metheny. Pat and Jaco was a real cool combo. That album is one of my all time favorite jazz albums.

Also, check out "I Can See Your House From Here." This album has Pat Metheny and John Scofield paired together. This is another one of my all time favorite jazz albums.

7. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    I have a "Midi" project im doing by myself called "project Katatonia" its..Technoish Death Metal. Its very strange. Kinda like MSI a little but more of a NIN/MSI/DEP type thing. Thats what id like to do!! Just not as cool, cause those guys rule my world.

I know hes been dead for a while now. Id just like to see it happen, but it cant. Sooooo..

You sir are a Genious!!
    Thats something Ive dreamed about for awhile, but forgot to put down~!
    Sept Have 2 drummers!!!!
    Chris Penny from Dillinger Escape Plan and DANNY CAREY!
    Creating very intricate polyrhythms that compliment each other greatest.
    IT would be the most insane thing ever!

"ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS TALK ABOUT DRUGS IN YOUR SONGS, WEATHER YOU DO THEM OR NOT, CAUSE THE KIDS JUST LOVE IT!"

8. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    This sounds a lot like what I've heard Zaum is like. Zaum is Danny Carey, Cris Pittman (from Lusk, a Paul D'Amour band, and The Replicants, another Paul band with whom Maynard did special guest vocals), and, I think, somebody else. I'm not sure if all they play are synth instruments, but I think that's the case. Also, Danny Carey was a jazz player before he ever got into rock, and I think that probably comes through. Unfortunately, I've never seen their stuff at a record store, and I have no p2p software for downloading that type of thing, so I've never heard them. But give them a shot.

9. Vocals: Otep(Otep)
    Back-up Vocals:Till(Rammstein)
    Guitar[Lead]:Kirk Hammet(Metallica)
    Guitar[Rhythm]: Gregg(Mudvayne's Guitar)
    Bassist: Ryan Martinie(Mudvayne)
    Keyboard: Flake(Rammstein)
    Drummer:Lars Urlich(Metallica)

It would be a more melodic/heavy type band with crazy guitar riffs,sweet groovin' bass lines(pop/slap),sweet drum licks,and emotional lyrics...
    oh,and a whole lotta bass solo's:)There'd also be some "scream-o" stuff in there

I think it'd be like Metallica meets Mudvayne meets Staind :)

-Jon:oops:

10. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    Why? :confused:

Okay, I found a band called Zaum on mp3.com, started downloading one of their songs, then went to their website. Definitely not the same band. This band appears to be a black metal band, that has no drummer. I wonder if Danny is aware...

11. With his Anti-Napsterness and ego aside,I like his drumming style...

also,I couldnt think of anyone else to put...

maybe Joey Jordinson of Slipknot?

:oops:

12. darkjoker667

darkjoker667

Apr 21, 2003
    rob halford-vox
    kerry king, dave mustaine-guitars
    david ellefson-bass
    dave lombardo- drums

YEAH

13. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Ryan Martinie - Bass
    Raymond Herrera - Drums
    Carly Coma - Vocals
    Adam Dutkiewitz- Guitar

Spastic metal with a side of technical and a dose of hardcore.

14. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    YEAH!!!!!~!!!!

\nn/ !!!!

15. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Mr. Quintron - organ
    Geddy Lee - bass
    Robert Johnson - guitar
    Richard D. James - computers
    Earl Scruggs - banjo
    Rashied Ali - drums
    Sha Na Na - vocals

I win. :smug:

16. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Zakk Wylde - Guitar
    Mike Portony(sp?)-Drums
    Billy Sheehan - Bass
    Chris Cornell - Vocals

I bet it'd be cool, and probably reallyfast...:)

17. incubass68

incubass68

Jun 21, 2003
    el paso, tx
    Ryan Martinie-Bass
    Danny Carrey-Drums
    Maynard-Vocals
    John Petrucci-Guitars

or
    Jaco
    Vic
    Dennis Chambers
    George Benson
    If that could happen I think it would be amazing
    but sadly...

or
    Les Claypool
    Flea
    Brandon Boyd (Incubus Singer)
    Jose Pasillas (Incubus Drummer)
    Carl Bell (Fuel Guitarist)

I dunno why but I think Flea and Les Claypool would be also teamed up together.:bassist:

18. FunkyDom

FunkyDom

Aug 31, 2002
    I'd team up Jimmy Page with Robert Plant, John Paul Jones, and John Bonham. Those four together would forge a band the likes of which will change the very foundation of the earth.

19. Thomas Fischer (Celtic Frost)-Vocals/Guitars
    Jeff Hanneman (Slayer)-Guitar
    Igor Cavalera (Sepultura)-Drums
    Steve DiGiorgio (Testament)-Bass

Ultimate Speed/Thrash Metal Band Ever!

20. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    My idea of the ultimate line up:
    Me on Bass.

A Drummer that can actually keep a beat, has his own van and a current drivers license.

A Guitar player who can shred,shows up to practice
    on time and has a gorgeous girlfreind with lots
    of single gorgeous girl freinds she can bring to practice/parties/gigs.

A Singer who can play rythym guitar and not screw up the chords the second he opens his mouth.and has no outstanding arrest warrants.

A keyoard player who has a good ear for music
    so he can be music director.:)