Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mother Nature vs My Basement

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Masamax, Jul 12, 2004.

1. The city of Edmonton was hit by a huge storm this afternoon. Golf ball sized hail, and flooding on streets up to your knees in a matter of an hour. Luckily my house was merely in the hardest hit area. Only like 3 inches of water in the basement (luckily the bass was on it's stand...). My good friend got half a foot in his! The main freeway is completely flooded, and all around my area manhole/sewer covers have been blown off...

Needless to say driving around is not recommended! :crying:

2. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    another good reason to stay at home and TalkBass! ;) :D :smug:

Now, a bit more serious, that sucks... move your basses rather up to the house in case it rains again!

3. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    In Miami its even more dnagerous to drive when it floods because their are canals next to a lot of streets and when it floods they look the same as the road you are on. Needless to say a lot of people end up driving into one unknowingly and some drown.

4. lucky there, i guess, Max!

very horrible to think about those things, nick. drowning in your car, while somewhat interesting going down, its like being buried alive AND drowning.. ugh. :meh:

5. Theres a big moat-like thing around my old school, trench, or something. It filed up with water during a flood once, and it looked really cool, caus its so deep. BUt in a while it flooded into the gym of our poor little school and the band didn't get new instruments caus we had to repair the wooden floor.