1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Motion Sound Pro-3 vs Neo Ventilator?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BurningSkies, Jan 13, 2012.

1. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Greetings tribe of effects geeks. Seldom do I step foot in these hallowed halls...but I have a question that would best suit the Effects forum!

I have a keyboard player who has a pretty nice setup:
    -Roland VK-7
    -Nord Electro 3
    going through:
    -6 channel PA head->
    -Schroeder 1212 (mine)
    -Motion Sound Pro-3

Also in the mix: my Roland RE-201 Space Echo (original tape unit) that feeds into another channel of the PA head.

Here's the setup. The Motion Sound Pro-3 sounds great...but adds a whole bunch of negatives to the setup.
    - Its noisy as all getout (hissy)
    - It pops every time you use the foot switch (which is ALL the time when playing with B-3 sounds).
    -for gigs or recording it adds yet another 'line' for the boards for a mic or two. In addition to a setup that already has at minimum 3 lines if not 5 when running stereo.

So, keeping that in mind, our keys player is considering moving to a Neo Ventilator for leslie sim instead of the Motion Sound. It supposedly is the best of the sim pedals, and has pretty good reviews. To foot the price of it, he may have to get rid of the Pro 3.

Yes, no, maybe? What say all'y'all given this situation.

2. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Weekend bump...