Motivation help!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Mr pickelz, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Mr pickelz

Mr pickelz

May 11, 2011
    Yo guys!

I looked around a bit to see if this had been covered in stickies or anything and I don't think it has - but I guess it's not that common!

I'm in a band with a truly awesome guitarist - problem is he's got a very volatile personality - kinda lazy too.

Don't get me wrong, we get a lot of good stuff done but sometimes we miss half an hour or even an hour of good practice time because he is 'too tired' or 'doesn't like that song anymore'

You guys know how I can give him a kick up the arse, or any of you known people like him? He's too good to drop ;p

Oh and on a sidenote, antidotes for a constantly noodling guitarist?

2. DaDrew2112

DaDrew2112

Apr 7, 2011
    Rochester
    You can't. You cannot make someone do anything. They either want to or not. Make a chart of the pros and cons of keeping/ditching him and make your decision from that.

3. you know ive found that an acctual kick up the hole generaly cures that
    oh and if you want to cure the noodling guitarist just do a couple of tapped sweep runs on your bass he will give a look of almighty disgust and never do it again

4. Sonic

Sonic Lord of the Grump

THIS

5. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Inactive

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    Just tell him to quit noodling.

FWIW, there is no shortage of guitar players.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021