Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

motivational song

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by harley_ou812, Oct 3, 2003.

1. Hey everyone... it has been a while since I have been here but I thought of you immediatly when i had to come up with a song. I teach Drumline at our highschool and we have song of the week. Right now we arent really a cohesive unit so I am looking something along the lines of a song to point this out a song about being a unit instead of individuals.. I am looking at that or one where the lyrics will fire them up some but still have a message to it not just some speed metal song with no message. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    harley

2. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    Cake's I Will Surive is all I could think of.

3. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

The theme from the first Rocky movie with Stallone. I am referring to the part in which he runs up the steps in Philkadelphia. Trouble is that song has become a cliche of sorts for determination and motivation. It might sound kind of dated, too. Maybe you could play it as part of a medley of motivational songs.