Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Motley Crue.....haters!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MJ5150, Aug 1, 2005.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    So I hear that Motely Crue is coming to a town near me. I am mildly enthused. I figure their best days are LONG behind them, but it would probably be a good time of kindling up some old memories. Maybe not.....

ONE ticket is $75 stinkin' bucks. I could not believe it. Sure, I can get a $24 ticket in the grass, but it is so far away, I would have to watch it on a big screen. If that is the case, I'll stay at home and watch the DVD when it comes out. I was really sad to find out that a washed up old 80's band wants close to $100 after fees to watch them play.

-Mike

2. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    You know what...spend the 24 just to go. I saw them on this tour and it was great. I can't believe they are still alive. Plus their fans are the best. Mucho babes.

3. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Well, believe it or not, I never saw them back in the 80's. I wish I had. I plan on going to see them this time around since it will be the last time for the real Crüe to be together. Nikki and Tommy have their other projects and Mick has a degenerative bone disease so this it.

Me and the wife are thinking about getting some really good tickets. We can get center section second row for $200 a ticket. It might not be worth it to you (or anyone else on this board) but it is to the wife and I. All I know for sure is we are going!

I guess it kinda is to bring back old memories and such. I know people like to talk crap about the 80's but they were good times. It feels like the world has become a crazy mess since then. Personally, nationaly, and globally. So yea, it will be a worth while escape to take a little trip back in time with the Crüe. Now shout at the devil! :bassist: :D

4. well, there's always styx...

5. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Hey, there were some things from the 80's that are best forgotten! :p

6. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    My wife and I are going when they come around here.....All the reviews of people that have went to the concert this tour were blown away....They say it is one of the best shows they have been to in a long time. I hear the show is just crazy.. I cant wait... :hyper:

7. Believe it or not, Some of these "old" acts are much better musically today than they were then. Obviously there's less crazy antics and theatrics, butin recent years I've seen ZZ Top, KISS and Aerosmith and all of them seemed very tight and had great sound. I bet the Crue is a great show still.

8. I saw the Crue this summer on their Red White and Crue tour - excellent stuff! They sound very tight, Vince has lost a ton of weight and seems to be in great shape, and they play very long sets with all their songs.

9. Everyone knows Styx rocked the 70's.

Are they permanently touring with REO?

10. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I think that The Eagles were well over $100 per seat when they came in doing the Hell Freezes Over Tour.

Yeah, these reunion tours all about making another buck. The bands know that; the fans know that. But, if you want to go see the band, I say what the hey. From what I've been hearing, Vince sounds better than he ever has. It is sad to see Mick in the shape he is in though. :(

11. I saw the Allmans for 15$ two months ago. Kickass concert for a great price.

12. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I saw the Crue 4-5 months back here in Dallas.....it was well worth the money...they put on a kickass show.

13. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    In an Interview with Mick Mars the qustion was asked....Why a reunion tour now...Micks reply...Greed. not so much for him, but for a couple of other guys in the band....I think Nikki is the only one that has faith in him...Tommy and Vince not so much....Mick is looking better tho..well at least better then he did before they started touring. I guess after his hip replacement.
    If any of you haven't read the book "the Dirt" ,and if your just the slightest Crue fan. The book is a must read.

14. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    That may be but their early 80's stuff sucked IMO and is best forgotton, OK Mr. Roboto? :p

15. Yeah. But they rocked the Seventies as much as REO. The 80's are a bad footnote to an exceptional career.