Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Motley Crue Reunion

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by John Deppel, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Motley Crue has gotten back together...All original members. Apparently, they're recording a new album, due out summer-fall of '05.

First Dimebag is shot, now Motley Crue reforms.

IS THERE NO GOD? :bawl:

2. even with tommy lee? remember tommy's band back in 2000 called Methods of Mayhem, i guess that failed miserably i guess "get naked" wasn't a big hit

3. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Dude, where have you been? This has been old news for moooonths.

4. Really? It's the first I've heard of it...They've only been in the studio for a week, so it can't be that old.

5. They're hitting the road in early 2005... although I probably won't be going as ticket prices are rather high.

6. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Sorry John, but Mr. Soto is right. I knew about the reunion about 2 months ago.

BTW, whats wrong with the Crue? They are better than half the stuff the labels are cranking out today. Also please don't put the Crue getting back together in the same league with what happened to Dime.

Tommy's band, well............., you go to see Tommy play drums, not guitar!

7. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I'm all for ANY of our brethren getting back together and making music, instead of rotting away on a sofa somewhere. Whether the new product sucks or not is up to THEM, but let's give them the chance. Keep the music going . . .

8. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    They were on Spike TV Last Night for that game show awards thing. Tommy looked great back behind the drums. I felt like i was 16 again. Sorry to say but the CRUE was a great party band, and Mick Mars had some killer riffs. Vince Nile Is not the best singer live, but man he will give you one hell of a show.

9. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Well, I mean, unless you look around online it's new. It got leaked VERY early, a little too early actually... Should be a good show :D.

10. ambolina

ambolina Guest

Apr 7, 2004
    San Diego, Ca
    I bought my tix to see them in March since I missed them during their hayday. I thought ticket prices were pretty reasonable (the 200 section only cost me $35, not counting ticketbastard fees).

Apparently VH1 did sorta documentary about them preparing to tour which included getting Vience to loose some of the beer gut he's put on the last 10 years or so. Should be entertaining watching the Crue get in shape for tour. =) Not sure when it'll air...probably closer to when the tour kicks off.

11. Jaye

Jaye

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Motley is without a doubt my favorite band ever, this will be the first time I get to see them with Tommy (saw them on the Max Rock tour with Samantha Maloney playing drums). I have tickets to two shows, in L.A. at the Forum and then again in Reno, NV. I am pumped.

12. Vince has been 'pudgy' since I can remember...

13. I just found it wierd how Motley re-debuted live on the Spike TV video game awards show...

I mean as badly organized and uninspired as that award show was, it was mostly hip-hop themed, and Funkmaster Flex seemed kinda silly repeatedly spouting the name Motley Crue with a bunch of vocal flayva...

And then the band comes out, and play a 12 year old song...

Not even their new song (which sadly is very very bad.)

14. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    They stunk it up on Spike TV. That was painful to watch/listen to.

Too bad, too. I saw them back I the day with Whitesnake opening @ Maple Leaf Gardens. It was a cool show with the spinning drums, huge blowup girls, etc.

Vince needs to lose about 75 pounds so his face doesn’t look like a ham. Either that or change some of the lyrics to reflect his looks. Y’know, something like:

“Too Fat Too Fall In Love”

or

“(With a large fries) On The Side”

Mick Mars looked like a cross between Bob Hope and Alice Cooper.

15. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Absolutely one of the funniest quotes I've read in a VERY long time... IMHO, that's quote-worthy.

16. I'm not by any means bashing old Motley Crue...I like a lot of their older stuff. I just think that their career has run its course, and frankly, they aren't nearly as good as they used to be. That's the only reason why I wasn't too thrilled to hear about the reunion.

17. Head Creep

Head Creep

Nov 6, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I took a wait-and-see approach to them, until I found out that their new single is a barely-lyrically-modified song by Simple Plan that didn't make it onto the album. They did make some classics, but now they're over.

18. I thought Nikki was getting together with Traci Gunns and doing something.......

19. Jaye

Jaye

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    They did, it was called "Brides of Destruction" they have one album out, it is pretty good.