Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

motorcycle geeks: new confederate hellcat

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by neptoon, Sep 30, 2002.

1. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    well, matt chambers and the boys have really done it with this one...comes in one up and two up configurations...less than 500 pounds...135 HP at the rear wheel....130 lb./ft of torque...oh dear lord. don't let mama see this one...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    oh yeah...that's a 240 section tire out back...and some kinda funky exhaust integrated into the frame...it's set up with some awesome ion beam headlights up front, as well...not sure what the price tag is, but i'm thinkin' around 30 grand. i wonder if confederate is out of the hole yet...i'm hoping so...i've always loved these things.

3. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
  4. :eek:

damn... that thing looks pissed.

this is my new favorite... (see attached)

p.s. - don't tell anyone, but i'm a m/c geek... i have ducati monster.

5. Really cool stuff neptoon, I had thought confederate had gone boobies-up :D

They're entire chassis setup / engineering is very cool. Can't say enough about the overall coolness.

But, the seating position is notoriously cramped (find some pics of people riding it)....but that really don't matter! It's a Hooligan bike! Plus I wish they would have made some sorta cast aluminum frame...then mommas would have to lock up their kids. Woof.

But it really gives me some great ideas. (Who? Me? Come up w/ a new primary, and be working on a streetfighter w/ a 117ci engine in it? Wouldn't even think about it)

6. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    hey, i dig monsters...my last bike was a triumph t509 speed triple. what a gas that bike was. like riding a big ol' kawasaki dirt bike :D

yeah, i though that confederate had been cleaned out by S&S and Merch. they were in a BIG monetary rut. hurtin' for certain. about the seating position, i couldn't reach the forward controls on either the hellcat or even the csa wildcat...much less that long ass big dog pitbull ;) i'm 5'6" so cramped is good for me. i can't wait to see one of these bad boys up close. you know, it reminds me a little of the yamaha concept MT-01 from a couple years back. good ideas, huh? i would say this bike is full of 'em. when i first saw confederates, i was pretty much wowed. that was back in their days of a 180 rear tire, a stock sputhe gear box and the old spun aluminum wheels...then they started using stuff like paioli forks and marchesini wheels...muzzy pipes...120" Merch motors. now this! sheesh....i'm gonna die and go to heaven...we NEED more competition with this type of bike. awesome stuff indeedy....el-coolio, if i do say so mahownself. anybody got about 30 large i can dump into one of these things?

7. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    here the Ghezzi-Brian monsters:

Pro Thunder
    [​IMG]

Folgore
    [​IMG]

Furia

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. neptoon...
    i rode a t509 & loved it. what did you think of the triple 4-stroke sound??? ever hear a triple 2-stroke??

barroso...
    those guzzis are serious eye-candy!!!!! OMG!!!!

i've heard a guzzi on a backroad with tasty pipes, it sounded gorgeous.

ever hear a duck with good pipes?
    ;)

9. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    speaking of guzzi...

here's the Griso:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    How's this for a hooligan bike? :)

[​IMG]

(Click pic for web page)

11. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    say, that griso looks pretty sweet...

as for the sound of a four stroke triple? sounds like a swarm of pissed off bumblebees...or mebbe locusts. it's really cool to hear the sound of the the valvetrain between your legs and the exhaust note behind you. a really weird stereo thingy goin' on. that guzzi is really awesome looking...

12. check this one out[​IMG]

13. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Now, I know a bit about those wacky automobiles, but nothing about bikes. If that thing has 135hp and 130 lb/ft of torque, and it only weighs 500 :)eeK:) lbs., how fast could it do the quarter mile? Like, 10 seconds?

14. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i would say low nines...if you can keep the front end down and keep the back tire from spinning. yeah, these things have power out the ying yang. i'll post a copy of my timeslip when i get one :D

15. I've got one in the garage. It's got dealer plates, flat black, and a couple different gages and such strapped to it. I'm working on some possilble new tank mounts.

Check out my sig lol.

Also, here's the new bike. Crappy pic. Small. Not my fault[​IMG]

16. hey tuffnuts
    you have a cool job
    peace
    frank

17. Thanks man, it can be a chore though. But I need to take a week off, take a bike with me, and get refocused. Time to birth a new bike again soon...and that really, really, really, really requires a lot of stress and time! :D

18. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    While I don't know much about motorcycles, I just want to say that "Confederate Hellcat" has got to be the most hardcore bada** names for anything - ever.

19. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    and to make them even more badass...the first generation hellcat was named the NBF Hellcat for Nathan Bedford Forrest, the baddest Cavalry Officer in the Confederacy and the 2-up version, the was named the REL America GT for Robert E. Lee. we all know who he was. kinda pains me to see the Hellcat being named for General Forrest. Matt Chambers was obviously not out to please anyone by using that name, though the KKK that he started was NOT the same animal that we know about today. It began as a men's equestrian club for retired Cavalry officers and when it turned into the beast that we think of it as, the old general had nothing to do with it. hats off for that, at least. the sister company that Chambers started for the more economical minded is CSA (does NOT stand for Confederate states of America, but Choctaw Small Arms, an indian tribe near Abita Springs, LA where the company is now), which is no longer around, but had two really sweet offerings, the PLC Wildcat and the JPB Confederado.

the old Hellcat:

[​IMG]

the wildcat:
    [​IMG]

the confederado:
    [​IMG]

i really think the CSA logo is pretty cool too...crossed arrows with a tomahawk and an unstrung bow...indian small arms ;)