Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Motorcycle Pics

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Biker4Him, Aug 3, 2004.

1. I'm sure it's been done, but it doesn't look like it's been done recently.
    Here's a pic of my scoot. A '97 FXDWG. It's not radical, or super custom, but it's mine!!!

Although... I see a custom chopper in my future.. been looking at the Lady Tamer from Powers Custom http://www.powerscustomcycles.com/ anyway...

Let's see some pic's of your bike... any motorcycle will do.

2. freakbass

freakbass "Pile-drivingly Heavy" since 1983

Nice bike man! Here's mine. Kickin' it Old School style with the HD Aremichi SX175...

3. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Sweet, when did you get it?

I just bought a BMW K100LT. It's used but it's new to me

4. Hey freakbass, that looks like a big ole barrel of fun!!

Hey Ric... I've got some clients with those BMW's and they love them. (I'm an insurance agent, and insure a ton of bikes!!!) I got my DWG July 3 1997. It has 1.3 miles on it when I rode off. Back then I had to wait 5 months for the thing.

5. freakbass

My bike is great! It has a two-stroke engine, so it sounds like a chainsaw on steroids! :D

6. FunkySpoo

Feb 6, 2002
    Here's mine

7. freakbass

that's a good lookin' beemer!

8. FunkySpoo

Feb 6, 2002
    Thanks, Got it off E-bay.

The seller was local so I was able to check it out first

9. bluntman_bass

bluntman_bass

Jul 13, 2004
    Wilcox, NE
    my old 2 stroke died while i was goin down the road the other day and still wont start. had plenty of gas and oil, had nothin to do wit the battery. i still dunno what the prob is but im gonna take it in to get it fixed.

i miss riding it too much.

10. Here's a pic of a fun old bike, an Ural M-72!

Essentially a russian copy of a 1940's german army-bike(made by BMW), probably captured during WW2 and then copied.

11. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Here is a 1973 Honda CB350 Four I picked up last month.

CB350

Even though I have started to restore it, it runs great and is a blast to zip around LA on. Half the fun is just hunting down the parts!

12. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    The CB350 Four is a rare vintage Honda - they didn't make many of them and they are really cool!

13. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    My Yamaha Dragstar 650 (V-Star in the States) is in the shop being repaired after a recent stouch with a Mazda 3. When the "Yamaharley" fixed, it's going to be sold. I'm sick of tin-lids trying to kill me. I still don't know how I got away with the last accident. It was a good hard hit at 60km/h (about 35m/h), all all I did was hurt my right shoulder a bit. I've used up all my luck in one go, so I'm getting out while I can.

Keep the shiny side up ok!

14. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I just bought a Yamaha V Star 1100 after about 10 yrs without a bike. In my younger days, I owned in order,
    a Honda Ascot 500, a Kawasaki Ninja 600, a Yamaha Vmax, a Harley FXWG, and a BMW R 100 RS. All were great bikes for what they were (except the Honda...which was a single POS)

15. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    I think mine is pretty cool too! :)

It is pretty cool having such a little bike with a four-cylinder! It sure has some kick! (which is helping to keep me from getting flattened by moronic, non-attention paying, cell phone yapping, plain bad drivers)

16. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Yeah the pistons have to be the size of quarters! :)

[​IMG]

17. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    And that V-max has a certain something about it which makes me wanna ride one.................

I almost bought the 1100 V-Star. But at the time I was often commuting through heavy traffic. So I went for the slightly narrower 650 so I could slip up between the cars while they were not moving. Is that legal in the states?

18. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    No. Ponch and John will get you! (but it does not seem to deter anyone)

19. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Nah.... at least 50 cent pieces! :p

20. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    I only have the CB350 twin...

*goes an mopes*

But it has a new paint job :cool: