Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Motorhead!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Acacia, Feb 11, 2002.

1. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I have always been a fan of the few songs that I had heard, but in the past few months, I have really gotten in them. No, the greatest musicianship, but they are pure rock and roll. I've seen em live twice and both shows were incredible. Raw energy.

My band is doing a few tunes by them and learning Lemmy's basslines, albeit simple for the most part, are fun to play.

Any other fans?

By the way, I have picked up 7 of their CDs in the past 2 weeks!

:D

2. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Yeah, they are a great band. I agree, not stunning amazing musicianship, but most Rock n' Roll isn't. Don't know if you know this, but Lemmy was actually in Hawkwind for a while, before he was in Motorhead.

3. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    yep, i knew that. I've been a metalhead since the 70's, just never really had a true introduction to motorhead. Lemmy was also a roadie for Hendrix. Jimi game him the name "Lemmy", so legend has it.

4. I met Lemmy once after a show here. He's even scarier up close and in person. Nice enough guy, I suppose, but I wouldn't want to make him mad. My friend got him to autograph his picture of Judge Wapner (why my friend carried around a picture of Judge Wapner, I still don't know.) Motorhead is still one of the three loudest shows I've ever seen.

5. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I'm definetly their fan. I just recently bought Motörhead's '25 & Alive' -box containing both DVD- and CD-version from their 25th anniversary gig. Lemmys lines are basic but way cool, I actually have been getting into picking because of that.

I have seen Motörhead live once, it was on their Scandinavian 'Monsters of Millenium' tour with Manowar and Dio at '99, I thinks. Too bad I diden't really appriciate them then.

6. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I saw them live twice and met Lemmy both times. The first time was before they hit the stage, he was drunk as a skunk and looked barely able to stand up. Mikkey Dee and I shot pool and drank beer all afternoon before the gig. Then they hit the stage and blew me away.

The second time was last year. They were touring with Supersuckers and Nashville Pussy. All 3 bands were great. I was on the front barricade for the whole show. Deaf for 3 days. Got backstage and hung out with all the bands. Of course, Lemmy was wasted again screaming for some "black whores". A few minutes later a few ladies of the evening were brought in. :D