1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Motorsports enthusiasts - critique my friend's retail website...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by rabid_granny, Oct 18, 2003.

1. Okay, here's the scoop. My friend has asked me to help him pick a computer accounting software package. Being a management accountant, it's my prerogative to assess other aspects of his business, starting with his website:

OPP Racing

Okay, here's where I need help. I need the opinion of people who buy performance parts for motorcycles and cars.

- What do you like/hate about this website?

- If you were shopping for a part, what information would you like to see? Manufacturer, brand, pictures, price, reviews, what?

- Related to the previous question, how would you shop for parts? Would you want to see a list of manufacturers first or perhaps search by part category?

- Check out his check-out process. Do you think this is a workable process? My friend has nixed the idea of a shopping cart because of problems with calculating shipping costs. I intend on investigating this more.

Anyways, your input would be greatly appreciated. The more nit-picky, the better but please be constructive.

Thanks.

2. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Looks cool to me, no complaints.

3. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I only had quick look but it seems pretty darn good.

4. It's good, but it'd be nice if there were some better pictures/explanations of bodywork kits for bikes. Just seems like some rather random pictures.