Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Motorsports enthusiasts - critique my friend's retail website...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by rabid_granny, Oct 18, 2003.

1. Okay, here's the scoop. My friend has asked me to help him pick a computer accounting software package. Being a management accountant, it's my prerogative to assess other aspects of his business, starting with his website:

OPP Racing

Okay, here's where I need help. I need the opinion of people who buy performance parts for motorcycles and cars.

- What do you like/hate about this website?

- If you were shopping for a part, what information would you like to see? Manufacturer, brand, pictures, price, reviews, what?

- Related to the previous question, how would you shop for parts? Would you want to see a list of manufacturers first or perhaps search by part category?

- Check out his check-out process. Do you think this is a workable process? My friend has nixed the idea of a shopping cart because of problems with calculating shipping costs. I intend on investigating this more.

Anyways, your input would be greatly appreciated. The more nit-picky, the better but please be constructive.

Thanks.

2. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Looks cool to me, no complaints.

3. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I only had quick look but it seems pretty darn good.

4. It's good, but it'd be nice if there were some better pictures/explanations of bodywork kits for bikes. Just seems like some rather random pictures.