1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mounting a Korg Pandora to a guitar strap (with pics!)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by famousbirds, Aug 7, 2012.

1. famousbirds

famousbirds

Aug 3, 2009
    Honolulu
    Ah, the Korg Pandora PXD5. A fantastic little bit of kit - headphone amp, multieffect, preamp, metronome, drum machine, looper, USB audio interface, and more, all in one convenient little box.

e8ohDl.

One problem, though. No belt hook! This is the fatal flaw for this piece of gear. Sure, you can set it on a table, but then you lose the whole portability aspect (not to mention the weight of a capable alone can pull it onto the floor).

UHXU3l.

Sure, they give you the tiny little lanyard holes, but that's not good for much. Besides, do you really want this just hanging, potentially smacking into stuff?

VOuYel.

Solution? Zip ties!

9rnmPl.

Let's get it trussed up.

qrMEDl.

Covers the dial indicators, but the on-screen indicator is much more accurate and I mostly go by feel anyways.

dW8RDl.

Leave access to the battery cover.

Putting the strap ties in:

Va96Fl.

Strap in place:

UbQhXl.

All tightened up, clipped, and on the guitar:

wyM78l.

Now I can do what seems like the obvious thing to do with one of these - walk around the house with headphones on, playing bass, not worrying about tripping over or yanking out a cable.

The zip ties are 21" heavy duty from Ace Hardware. Were I to do it again, I'd use regular lightweight zipties for the strap ties - makes for a snugger fit and I don't feel bad snipping them right off since they're dirt cheap.

Enjoy!