1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mounting an Ampeg SVT 4-Pro in a rack?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by stingray2112, Aug 6, 2012.

1. I've been thinking about the idea of mounting my svt 4 pro in a rack case for awhile now. I'd like to have something to transport it in that is easier to carry around but I'm a little reluctant because I've read that these heads have a tendacy to overheat (I've had mine for 4 plus years and have never had a problem with this tho). If it makes any difference I run it mono.

So does anyone have any expirience with this or can make any recommendations?

Thanks,
    Steve

2. My 4pro has been in a rack for nearly 5 years and has never over heated. I place a small fan behind the rack and it blows air through the rack. Problem solved!!!

Good luck!!

3. nubs

nubs

Mar 1, 2005
    Wisconsin
    i have two 4 pro's they both been in racks there entire life and i PLAY EM. never over heated, never any issues, never used an "external" fan.

4. Nightlyraider

Nightlyraider

Sep 30, 2009
    Minneapolis
    So long as the amp has a little air around it in the case, you'll be fine.

I wouldn't put it in a really tight fitting case and play a 6 hour show in the sun on a 115 degree summer day. I wouldn't play that show period though either....

5. Seriously, though, buy one of those small clip on fans and put in back of the rack. I've done it for years and after a 3 hour show the amp is still cool. It works. It's kind of a shame to have to do it, but I'm really OCD about ventilation.............